Revell 1/48 B-17G "Chow Hound" Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Funny H man, I had the same problem with the windows on my first GB. I lost a couple of windows while handling her and the carpet monster ate them. I cut new ones out of an old cd case and glued them with white glue. The replacment windows quickley fell off but the glue dried clear to a perfect fit. After watching this build, I want to buy another B-17. You are doing well.

DBII

Funny H man, I had the same problem with the windows on my first GB. I lost a couple of windows while handling her and the carpet monster ate them. I cut new ones out of an old cd case and glued them with white glue. The replacment windows quickley fell off but the glue dried clear to a perfect fit. After watching this build, I want to buy another B-17. You are doing well.

DBII

The B-17s are fun to build

Doing well H. A little tip though - take out the top turret and put it somewhere safe, then mask the opening where it fits. You'll find it a lot easier when you come to paint the model. Apart from not getting in the way, it'll also avoid breaking off the guns when handling.( It's a bit late now, but the same could have been done with the waist windows and guns - leave them off, mask the openings, and fit them when the model is virtually complete. )
The top turret should turn and lift out, and can easily be put back in place later - I know, I've done it many times on my B17 !!

Alright, was debating wether or not to put it in, will take it out :D

I think the paint will be really soon...

I know I have 4 weeks but, I just lost a window, pilots window is annoying me.......I need to find a method so I don't loose my parts.

Staples!!! I remember having this same problem when I build this model in my younger years;(
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I'm sure someone else will. Maybe something that will allow you to fix it without surgery again?

Well, keep up the good work. I have the same problem with small parts myself so I use one of those small plastic boxes with a locking flip top that has compartments.

Well, keep up the good work. I have the same problem with small parts myself so I use one of those small plastic boxes with a locking flip top that has compartments.

I use some old film canisters that my wife had lying around. The type with the snap on lids that film for those old cheap kodak instamatics and pre-digital cameras comes in. Old prescription bottles work well also.

Staples!!! I remember having this same problem when I build this model in my younger years;(
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I'm sure someone else will. Maybe something that will allow you to fix it without surgery again?

Personally, I keep my clear parts on the sprue until I have to put them on. If I have to paint frames on them, I do everything I can while they are still on the sprue, so when I detach them, there is only a tiny spot without paint... Which can easily be corrected right before (or after, depending on the kit) fixing it to the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back