1/48 SB2C-4E Helldiver, White 80 of VB-85, U.S.S. Shangri-La

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the comments guys, here is a small update, closing to the end!!!
I started working with the gear legs, painful job as they are a bit complicated and you need to pay a lot of attention in order everything to be lined up and in the correct position. Apart from the hydraulics wiring, i have also added small scratch details inside the wells.

Here with the wheels on in order to check the alignment and the symmetry.

It was time for the wheel covers, it starts to show some character, dont you think so?

Next with the hook, to achieve the striped finish i cut tape into 1mm strips and i wound them carefully around the black painted hook. The even wrappings were removed and i shot the rest of the part with tamiya white.

Some more scratch details on the gears...

Time for the bomb bay...

Next it was time for the ultimate challenge, the flaps!!!
First it was a bit difficult to glue them in place. I have to remind you that they came from Part and they were in a lot of pieces. The solution came with the Gators grip glue, amazing stuff! I managed to glue them in position and i enhanced them with cyano glue.
Next i had to pay a lot of attention in order to have the same angle in both wings. Very painful job but i finally prevail!!

And a general view with weight on gear...

Thats all for now gents, till next update, have a nice week.

John

Good evening guys, well this is my last update as i reached the finish line with this built. But lets see the photoes!
External bomb racks...

On the left one i loaded the AN/APS radar..

...and i put them in place...

...trim actuators..

...the tultle back...

the twin .30 gun...

...engine, engine cowling and antennas

And at last the end...

Thank you very much for the support all this time, hope you liked it. More photos of the finished lady at the completed section.
Cheers, lads

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread