1/48 Yak-3 "Normandie Niemen" - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
User Name: Rogi
Name: Igor
Category: Beginer
Kit: Eduard Presents "Normandie-Niemen"
Accessories: maybe some extra detail, we will see.

I need a pick me up after the He-115 sadness so I'll try and do a Yak-3 (this time finish and not have it crash onto my floor

Kit looks straight forward and decals look pretty good in this issue (it is one of Eduard's earlier offerings in the black and red box)

I've mis-placed the instructions but will pick a color scheme when I find them

This is an excellent chance to do a French fighter squadron in the Soviet Union They fought together with the Soviets

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan... looking at the profile I would say it wasn't Yak-3 but Yak-9.

In meantime...

Last edited:
Wojtek is their a difference between those two canopies ? The 9T looks more bubbled maybe or the artist messed up

Wojtek is their a difference between those two canopies ? The 9T looks more bubbled maybe or the artist messed up

I think it is a mistake made by the artist because I have never read or heard of the kind of cockpit conopy. The difference between the Yak-9 and Yak-9T was the location of the cockpit. Because of the length of the NS-37 gun it was moved 40cm back for the T variant. The rear part of it was modified with the U type . Please, have a look at these pictures below.

Yak-9...

Yak9T...

Yak9K...

Yak9U...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread