1/700 IJN Kaga and Akagi (Pre WWII) - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another stunner Wayne. Made you hungry for more ships?

If you only knew...:D besides a bunch of aircraft I currently have 5 other ships on the go with a Japanese destroyer very close to being finished alongside the Kaga.

Thanks for looking in Guys, Kaga will be done very soon....

Ok a few hours of alloted time.....and the IJN Kaga triple deck is done, added anchors, Masts and some rigging to get it finished.

Still have to mount it to its display board and build a 1/72 fighter as depicted on the forward lower deck to be complete.

I also finished a Japanese destroyer for another project, this one is the IJN Suzutsuki, an Akizuki class destroyer
66_Kaga Finished_3513.jpg
67_Kaga Finished_3505.jpg

Attachments

• 68_Kaga Finished_3509.jpg
    68_Kaga Finished_3509.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 69_Kaga Finished_3508.jpg
    69_Kaga Finished_3508.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 72_IJN Suzutsuki_3494.jpg
    72_IJN Suzutsuki_3494.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 74_IJN Suzutsuki_3495.jpg
    74_IJN Suzutsuki_3495.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 74_IJN Suzutsuki_3527.jpg
    74_IJN Suzutsuki_3527.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 87
Very cool Wayne. How did you make the base for the destroyer? Are the graphics just printed on plain paper or something fancier?

Matte photo paper Andy, and glued on the Base, this Destroyer is No.2 done out of 8 to do (3 in progress), plus a light cruiser (almost ready to paint) and the Battleship Yamato all part of Operation Ten-Ichi Go, the final major sortie of the Imperial Japanese Navy in WW2, a project I started sometime ago...

Thanks for looking in Guys, much appreciated.

Thanks gents, appreciate your comments.

nah , can't put these 2 together sorry....their respective depicted dates are 1935ish for Kaga versus 1945 for Suzutsuki.

I may well add the Triple deck Akagi to this thread to prompt me to get on with it, i started the Akagi about 2 years ago....and put it away..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back