1/72 Focke Wulf Fw58B Aviacao Naval, Brazil - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent work David the weathering looks cool. Also bet your glad it was your lap and not the carpet, did it once myself on the carpet and the carpet and air were blue and they were not all my words......

Thanks gents, I appreciate that. I painted the base color in RLM02, then dry brushed silver a little too heavy, then dry brushed RLM02 back over that. Then I took diluted Grimey Black and just painted in on - then let it dry. Kinda experimenting but I'm happy with it. Gives it the really grimey look I was going for.

Thank you kindly Evan!

-------------------------------

I got some more work in today. The section on the back of the fuselage had to be cut out for the dorsal gunner

I first tapped the fuselage halves tapped together to make sure my first 2 cuts would be straight.
FW 58 1st cut.JPG

I then separated the halves, taped them onto my mat, and then taped a metal ruler as a guide for the hobby knife.
FW58 2nd cut.JPG

When I had made a deep enough grove, I was able to snap the piece out.
FW 58 After Cut.JPG

Weathered it like I had the cockpit floor
FW 58 Weathered.JPG

Then slid the cockpit in (but not glued), glued the fuselage together and filed/trimmed until the dorsal gunner "plate" fit well.
FW 58 Fus.JPG

Tomorrow it will be time to attach the wings, putty and then hopefully prime it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back