1/72 Focke Wulf Fw58B Aviacao Naval, Brazil - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the past several days I've been filing and sanding and for the first time, I'm actually completely satisfied with the results. Wings have been attached and the gaps filled with CA. Engine nacelles which come in 3 pieces have been glued and sanded. Now it's time to start figuring out what kind of paint to use for the finish. I'm leaning towards Model Master's Aluminum Plate Buffing Metalizer but I'm open to other suggestions.

Attachments

• FW 58 Body.jpg
    FW 58 Body.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 97
  • FW58 Bottom.jpg
    FW58 Bottom.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 111
  • FW 58 Nascel.jpg
    FW 58 Nascel.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 108
Very nice work there David. Tell me, can this kit be build as a civilian version of Fw 58? As far as the external appearance of the aircraft goes, it would have to be without dorsal turret (which I've seen on previous page is the case) and with solid nose. I have 1/72 decals for Slovakian Fw 58 in civilian service and am considering to get this kit.

Thanks fellas.

Igor, the dorsal section you actually have to cut out on this one so that would not be a problem, however the nose would be. Looking at the profile of both (solid vs glazed) it would take some work.

What you really want is the Fw 58C version which has no dorsal gunner and the nose was solid. Special Hobby has a Fw 58C version in 1/72 that has a solid nose. From what I understand this one actually comes with bothe the B C parts.

For the past several days I've been filing and sanding and for the first time, I'm actually completely satisfied with the results.

It's looking good though David been doing alot of that lately myself :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back