1/72 Focke Wulf Fw58B Aviacao Naval, Brazil - Me/ Fw Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Cory.

---------

Finally got to paint last night. I ended up using the Buffing Metalizer and as Glenn warned me about it does indeed rub off easily. However I had already bought some and decided to go with it (though be assured next time I'll be using Glenn's suggestion of Floquil).

When it went on it looked like I was seriously screwing up the paint job but after drying I began to rub with a cotton rag and the shine began to emerge. It did highlight the need to work on the top seam some more, but not sure if I can or not now. I'll have to experiment as it's pretty darn sensitive.

Attachments

• FW 58 Aft.jpg
    FW 58 Aft.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 118
  • FW 58 Nose.jpg
    FW 58 Nose.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 82
  • FW 58 Front.jpg
    FW 58 Front.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
Take the challenge David, do the extra seam work to improve it polish it up a bit, then recoat as you said if the stuff rubs off it probably will let you blend in a new coat.

The biggest problem with NMF/Silver finishes is they highlight imperfections very well.

Turned out beautiful David! You should be able to dress op that seam with out too much trouble. Wayne couldn't be more right about NF. The silver will show every little flaw.

Looks great David but do fix the the seam.One does not need a Persin Rug flaw that obvious. ;)

Really like the metallic finish. That's something I haven't had the courage to tackle yet, although to seriously tackle a P51 or any late-war USAAF aircraft, it's something I'll have to face up to sooner or later. What brand metal buffer do you use?

Get that seam sorted David and you will have a stunning looking machine, with the light buffing it's come up a treat.

Thanks gents.

Gerry, I'm using Model Master Metalizer Lacquer "Aluminum Plate". Glenn (T-Bolt) suggested Floquil which he used to an excellent effect. See Post #71 on this thread to see an example.

I took ya'lls advice and glad I did as it came out MUCH better then it was. Still a little more buffing needed but a lot better none the less.
Fw 58 Seams.jpg

For those whom have never used this stuff before. You spray it on (also comes in spray cans) and it looks like the left wing. After an hour you buff to the sheen you want with a soft cotton cloth like the wing on the right. It's actually pretty cool.
FW 58 Buff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back