1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III 'Friday the 13th' No.158 Sqn RAF, Lissett, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's looking very nice Daniel! But why do I have the feeling that you'll be looking around for a missing instruction sheet shortly - then finding it - covered in paint!!
Just a though, but as the Halifax kit is well over forty years old, and they didn't do things like open bomb bay doors on kits in those days, as a rule, are you going to scratch-build the actual bay? I seem to recall the fuselage is just empty aft of the Flight Engineer's station. BTW, you probably know, but the bomb doors are in four sections, split two either side, and fold in on themselves.

Cheers Terry , I couldn't find anything to mask it with and my revell zero instructions weren't being of use elsewhere

I realised the 'missing' bombay and engineers station problem last night and was wondering what to do? scratching building will be a must , dunno what I'm gonna do about this Engineer's station?

Thanks for the info on the bombay doors , knew they were 4 pieces but didn't know they folded that way ( was wondering about that too)

I should have some pics of the open bomb doors, and probably of the bulkheads aft of the nose section. I know I've got scale plan and a couple of cutaway drawings, but they might be a bit big to scan. Leave it with me and I'll sort something out over the weekend and e-mail you. The bomb bay should be straightforward. Just make a bulkhead front and rear, and a roof, more or less the same depth as the Lanc's bomb bay. Once installed, nothing will be seen of the interior front or back - unless you cut open the small entrance hatch on the curve of the port rear fuselage. Even then, all that will be visible is the opposite wall!

Cheers mate!!

Gotta watch how deep I make the bomb bay , don't think il be able to make it the same as 'George's' cause the wing joins are right above where the bombay starts basically

Changed my mind about the wing bombays , gonna open em up 8)

Pic 1 The pic that changed my mind , kindly supplied by Alex :thumbleft: source: Australian War Museum

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 121
Yes she is quite the ' Don't f*ck with me kinda lassie " 8)

Cheers mate ! will do!

Yeah I didn't know either til a few days ago VB

Did abit today , not quite what I was aiming for

F-16's base gave me grief

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 100
happy0034.gif

I know I'm coming in late, been out of action for a few days, but WOW Dan, great choice, I remember playing under these things and Wellingtons as a kid, all mothballed after the war. Good luck with the F-16 finishing on time. Great present idea, did the same thing with an Aardvark for an old RAAF friend a couple of years back.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Cheers Alex and Vic!

Thy Falcon

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 91
Cheers mate!!

Pretty pleased with it , should have the base for it done tomorrow in time for friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back