*** DONE: 1/72nd Lancaster B.III 'G for George' 460 Sqn RAAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yea Daniel. The humbrol I just used on the p-40 is pissing me off........ very drippy, runs a lot, and gets spread everywhere leaving areas without paint... :evil:

Great work tho!

Cheers VB and Harrison

Harrison are you using newer stuff? brush or airbrushing? I'm gonna have another crack at it soon

Oh those Humbrol paints, had one today, 53 Gunmetal metallic and it's thicker than treacle but Terry's right, just keep stirring until you get RSI, then the paint should be just about right.
happy0065.gif
BTW, the Lanc is looking fantastic.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Sounds like it wants a good stir Harrison as Vic says , spent abita time today stirring my humbrol 29 , should be good to go tomorrow

Only managed to mask George for painting today , not alot done

My stirring trick picked up from some book or other: shake 80 times (alot quicker than it sounds), and stir 50...does the trick in most cases...or stick a BB in the tin, and give it a good shake, as mentioned in some FSM modelling tips Wojtek sent me.

Can't beat seeing a Lanc come together... keep at it Daniel!

Thanks for the advice Terry and Evan! used both method's to be on the safe side and everything went sweet

Dried pretty quick too , will leave it abit now to dry but will see about the rest of the camo later tonight

Attachments

• IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 89
Looking at that pic

I just realised I forgot the f*cking upper turret

Guess Il have a go at getting rid of the fusalage line too now

Aren't I clever :rolleyes:

Got some humbrol No.30 on half hour ago

Not entirely happy.....port side I masked ,starboard I did freehand

You can see on the port side the marks the blu-tach left

Sorta annoying

Attachments

• IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 81
Not a bad effort though Daniel...now if you redo the brown add a bit extra thinner and lightly reapply, if you start in the middle of the brown and carefully work out to the edge of the green you should be able to fix it without overspraying the green.....

Cheers Alex and Wayne

Not a bad effort though Daniel...now if you redo the brown add a bit extra thinner and lightly reapply, if you start in the middle of the brown and carefully work out to the edge of the green you should be able to fix it without overspraying the green.....

Will do! cheers for the advice mate

It's looking great Dan. As for the bluetak marks, I used to have the same problem so ditched that process and now I cut the shapes (photocopied and if need be enlarged from the kit construction plan) from old news paper and wrap it under the wing or belly and secure with Tamiya tape. Any pointy bits or arches like you have on the upper stbd and port wing respective, are again secured with a touch of double sided tape. One of the upsides of this method is a nice soft line rather than the knife cut look.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Sounds like the best way about it Vic! cheers mate

I masked half of George then tried it out and noticed the blu-tach marks hence I tried free-handing it , reckon Il give your menthod ago next Lanc or something similar

Noticed too I have abit of overspray so will need touching up there too

Me Lucky? nah you got the wrong guy mate

Did what Master Wayne said , worked quite well although the new paint left a slightly different colour ( my bad proberly)

with a coat of klear on they dissapeared anyway

Little bit of touching up to do , theres a line on port wing wanting to be covered up

Decals possibly later tonight

Attachments

• IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back