1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III 'Friday the 13th' No.158 Sqn RAF, Lissett, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Should be easy enough to do a touch up by hand with a fine brush as the matt black should go flat and hide any brush marks
just take your time and don't overload the brush.
Good luck and a steady hand with the touch up.

Cheers for that Magnu , will give that a shot

Thanks too Vic, but after my experience with blu tac on 'George' it has since been told to bugger off

That's what I do...touch it up with a brush.

Remember to thin the paints exactly like you did for the airbrush so it doesn't look different

Nice work Daniel. Yep, a smallish brush, and retouch by hand. It doesn't need much of a soft edge, as it wouldn't be apparent in this scale. Only add a very small touch of thinners though, otherwise it won't cover well.

If I did that , then the paint would do what Terry said . Wouldn't cover well

Daniel, for future reference you might try having the fuselage inverted when you spray the area where the camo meets the black. I know it's a bit cumbersome spraying with the plane upside down but if the tape mask isn't down securely having the fuselage inverted (upside down) will cause any excess paint run off to go AWAY from the tape. That will help to prevent leakage under the tape especially if you are using very thin paint/thinner mixtures.

Good tip there Dwight. Another method I use where possible is to thinly brush-paint the preceding colour over the tape joint. This seals the edge of the tape, and prevents creep or bleed. In other words, if painting the two-tone cammo over the masked black, then seal the tape edge with the black first. Works wonders!

Thanks for that tip Terry! and thanks guys!

Daniel, for future reference you might try having the fuselage inverted when you spray the area where the camo meets the black. I know it's a bit cumbersome spraying with the plane upside down but if the tape mask isn't down securely having the fuselage inverted (upside down) will cause any excess paint run off to go AWAY from the tape. That will help to prevent leakage under the tape especially if you are using very thin paint/thinner mixtures.

Cheers for advice mate! my thoery on the run lines was when applying the second coat I made sure I gave it a really decent coating so there was no show through. This in turn lead to there being suffient paint for it to sneak behind the crappy sellotape aka masking

Il be doing more on 'Friday' on monday/tusday . May even make a start on the 'Belle' then too

Alright :oops:

I've effed up the glazing so have ordered Falcon's vacform replacement set which will give me a better result in the end

Hopefully it turns up in time for me to complete it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back