*** DONE: 1/72nd Lancaster B.III 'G for George' 460 Sqn RAAF (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys :oops:

Very nice job Daniel, and I love the stand. I was going to ask about the roundel too! It's a common way of printing these days, to get better registration, especially with screen printing. But, what happened to the front turret? It looks black on the lower half.

Pain in the farking arse! same thing happened with the decals on the tail fins , Just looked at the front turret , forgot to unmask the lower half so I'm in for a very easy fix :D ( repaint soon)

That's marvelous Daniel! Must have been a bit of work getting that stand rigidly fixed inside the model? How'd you do it?

Cheers mate , I've learn't from experience ( ie my f**k up's) Fourth stand and this one is the first to work properly , just recessed the plastic in a notch , then cut a small entrance hole in the bottom of the fuse and it just goes straight up where its held by the top of the fuse . No glue , just abit of pressure in the right places , comes off in 2 secs

happy0034.gif

Daniel, that is bloody awesome…………well done mate.
anim_19.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Cheers guys! finished thread will be up soon , just waiting to take some pics ( dropped it and bombay door copt it)

Looks great, my question is how did you manage to support the plane on that one thin piece of plastic? Even in 1/72 that thing has got to be heavy.

Beats me , 4mm thick , strong as

i built one of these last year, absolutely fantastic model, on the one i had there were details missing in the instructions for painting, this made me look it up online, and thats where i found the photos of the actual aircraft in a museum in new zealand, was blown away that it is still in perfect condition, amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back