*** DONE: 1/72nd Lancaster B.III 'G for George' 460 Sqn RAAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Slightly darker one would be better, having said that you're making a 90 mission lanc so she'll be fairly weathered.

Might be an idea to mix them Daniel. BUT! Give the new one a bl**dy good stir first, then try mixing just a small amount, and try it out - just in case!

Brings a whole new meaning to the word "seamstress" - ugh.

Good work Daniel. I feel your pain, bro. Hate the seams too.

Might be an idea to mix them Daniel. BUT! Give the new one a bl**dy good stir first, then try mixing just a small amount, and try it out - just in case!

Humbrol? My Matt Mid Stone, which I needed for the truck, and now for my P-40 has like a wad of gum in the bottom..... it's actually quite disturbing :lol:

Humbrol paints like to turn to treacle at the bottom H, just stir and squiggle the stick until you have no resistants, then gently lift the stick out over the paint and see if you still have a blob of paint on the end, if you do, stir some more until that blob of paint runs of the end of your stirrer.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Small frustrating update ,

Sprayed undersides ( third time) , last coat looked too satin .Finally is OK

Masked the turrets and canopy , got them on . Then found the wing dihedral was very wrong on the port side . Ripped it off ( came off real easy - no doubt humbrol glue played its role well :rolleyes:) reglued with revell glue , waiting on drying

The more frustrating part , brought new tin of humbrol 29 today ( it was the newer stuff) hence my Lancaster did not get painted ( was sh!t )

anyway some pics ,

Pic 1 George with turrets/canopy attached and port wing reglued
Pic 2 Humbrol 29 , just a shot showingthe difference of the colour of the tin lid with the actual paint colour
Pic 3 Humbrol 29's failure - will make another attempt either later tonight or tomorrow ( whenever it decides to bloody dry)
Pic 4 Found the boxart

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1466.JPG
    IMG_1466.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 67
Cheers mate , checked the paint before and its tacky ( been about 3 hours)

The matt black I was using ( older humbrol ) was 90% dry before I'd even finished cleaning the airbrush

Coming along nicely Daniel. By the look of the paint on the model, the pigment and carrier are separating. This means it needs a heck of a lot more stirring, which I know is a pain! Keep stirring, possibly for at least 5 minutes, lifting your stirring stick out of the tin now and then, to check for a thick 'glob' of paint on the end. The paint is only usable once these 'globs' disappear. When you think it's properly sorted, try painting a bit on some scrap, and see if it's started to go matt, and almost dry, after about 15 minutes. If it has, fine, you can use it - after stirring again! Also, don't use it straight from the tin - get some into a palette - coffee jar lid or whatever, using your brush loaded with paint, maybe 2 or 3 times, and then stir that with the brush! clean the brush and start painting.
If, after 24 hours, it's still tacky, then bin the tin!
This is the sort of thing which I've been on about in the thread on Humbrol paints, which is happening more and more.

Will do Terry ,cheers mate. There was a little 'blob' still in the tin ( just thought it was too small to worry about)

Do some more soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back