*** DONE: 1/72nd Lancaster B.III 'G for George' 460 Sqn RAAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work mate! That cockpit looks the business now!

..As for the BUFF, no wonder she's got 'a radar screening like a barn door' (in the words of a USAF serviceman).

Sprayed the undersides quarter of an hour ago ( nearly dry)

For anyone who gives a toss too , I finally got turps to work as a thinner for enamel paint . Seems I was thinning it too much , only needed a smigin , worked great . Will be using enamels more often from now on

Heres some pics ( left a mark on the bench , cbf with spray booth)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 90
Coming along nicely Daniel! Here are some pics I took of "George" a couple of years back. The pics aren't great because its so dark in the hall.

Attachments

• 2291.JPG
    2291.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2292.JPG
    2292.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 2311.JPG
    2311.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 2322.JPG
    2322.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 103
  • 2323.JPG
    2323.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 2324.JPG
    2324.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 89
Dan she looks absolutely gorgeous :D

Wish I was old enough to take pictures the time I went on a Lancaster. It was at the 2002 WW2 Weekend and Canada had flown in a Lancaster and you could go on for free but donations were appreciated.

Cheers guys !

Andy considering how dark it looks you've done bloody well! cheers mate ( one we have over here is absolutely crammed in with other aircraft so shots like yours are impossible)

Great shots Andy like Dan said you've done well. Its very dark and awkward in some respects. Last time I was there they'd almost hidden the 262. Personally I'd rather they have a seperate theatre and sacrifice the 'sound and light' show for better viewing of these old birds.

Nice work Daniel, and great shots Andy. Just noticed, and in the previously posted B&W shots, that the bomb aimers compartment still has the Cockpit Green colour on the upper panels and turret ring. Obviously one that didn't get the re-paint.

Great work Daniel, and great pics Andy!!

Daniel, I would recommend using thinners rather than straight turps for thinning (from experience). If you do use turps though, just make sure it's uncontaminated.

Cheers Evan , Karl and CR

Evan what trouble did you experience with turps? I use only new stuff , for a liter its 5 bucks compared to $4.50 for a small bottle of humbrol thinners

Any cheaper alternative then for thinners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back