Sprayed the undersides quarter of an hour ago ( nearly dry)
For anyone who gives a toss too , I finally got turps to work as a thinner for enamel paint . Seems I was thinning it too much , only needed a smigin , worked great . Will be using enamels more often from now on
Heres some pics ( left a mark on the bench , cbf with spray booth)
Wish I was old enough to take pictures the time I went on a Lancaster. It was at the 2002 WW2 Weekend and Canada had flown in a Lancaster and you could go on for free but donations were appreciated.
Andy considering how dark it looks you've done bloody well! cheers mate ( one we have over here is absolutely crammed in with other aircraft so shots like yours are impossible)
Great shots Andy like Dan said you've done well. Its very dark and awkward in some respects. Last time I was there they'd almost hidden the 262. Personally I'd rather they have a seperate theatre and sacrifice the 'sound and light' show for better viewing of these old birds.
Nice work Daniel, and great shots Andy. Just noticed, and in the previously posted B&W shots, that the bomb aimers compartment still has the Cockpit Green colour on the upper panels and turret ring. Obviously one that didn't get the re-paint.
Daniel, I would recommend using thinners rather than straight turps for thinning (from experience). If you do use turps though, just make sure it's uncontaminated.
Evan what trouble did you experience with turps? I use only new stuff , for a liter its 5 bucks compared to $4.50 for a small bottle of humbrol thinners