1/72 Hasegawa B 17 F 'Hells Angels', 8th AF 303rd BG 358sqd.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys.

Sorry theres been a big gap between my posts I've been wasting time or rather devoting time to real cars of late :lol:

Anyway hope to get it finished interior wise pretty soon. Question though whats the rough size of a .50 ammo box?

Im going to make a few to fill the interior out, even a rough idea I can scale it down.

Cheers.

Roughly 10 x 16 x 18 inches, for the supply boxes (the ones the ammo is delivered in). The fixed ammo magazine boxes were a lot bigger. I'd need to check some pics or measure a scale drawing, but at a rough guess I'd say 10 x 24 x 30 inches.
The former were painted chocolate brown, with yellow batch number lettering and ammo type, plus the 'linked' symbol, the latter were plain varnished plywood.

I spent a few years looking for this model and finally found it last year completely unopened. I spent several weeks building this beautiful bomber and matched even the camo splotch positions to the T. I also paid very close attention to the proper weathering. All and all, I loved building this model kit

Gotta love the internet - I'm just now getting back into modeling (after a nearly 40 year hiatus) and this kit is one of the first I'm taking on - except the directions (particularly with respect to painting) are nearly impossible to follow. These directions help - if you could provide more, it might help more! thanks, Mike

Here are a couple of shots of the Hasagawa B-17f Hell's Angels Bomber that I did a couple of years ago. I managed to find another full kit of it and I'm building it again!

Attachments

• Hells Angel B-17f 003.jpg
    Hells Angel B-17f 003.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Hells Angel B-17f 002.jpg
    Hells Angel B-17f 002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Not a bad idea. I just finished another B-17 from the same Kit. A friend who owns a model shop bought out another store and rang me right away...He scored 6 complete Hasagawa B-17f Hell's Angels Bomber 1:72 Kits! I bought all 6. This is my third build of the kit not including those new kits. The first one I gave as an aniversary gift to a certain MC. The above is my second, and I just completed my 3rd one. It may be of interest to you that I altered it slighty with regards to the nose art. I saw a B-17 Bomber hatchway with different artwork and decided to use it to see how it looks. I'll include a few pictures of it. Thanks for your Kind words!

I'd be very interested to find out where the second piece of artwork comes from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back