1/72 Hasegawa B 17 F 'Hells Angels', 8th AF 303rd BG 358sqd.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers fellas!
Did a bit more today, finished the waist area ribbing. Its not very good and looks a little rough but once closed up a lot won't be seen.

Also used some paper clips to start assembling the radio operators area. Looks a bit overkill however I figured given their small size and the fact both bulkheads with have door ways cut into them I wanted to reduce the chance of snapping them or weakening them to much by cutting slots for the floor. So instead the floor will sit on top of the paper clips, this also gives me some flexibility while making sure it all fits in the fuselage.

Cheers.

Edit: Can't seem to upload any photos at the moment:evil: Will try later

Last edited:
Got em up!

Attachments

• b17 start 4.jpg
    b17 start 4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 169
  • b17start4.jpg
    b17start4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 169
Looking good Alex. It's nice to see someone is making progress on their B-17. I am still suffering from a lack of inspiration on any of my current modeling projects. Maybe, just maybe your progress will help to inspire me to get my butt into gear. :lol:

Thanks Jan, Evan, Dirk. Its appreciated!

It can get daunting Dirk but my theory is just to press ahead sometimes with the simpler stuff to get rolling again Dirk. At the moment Im trying to work what to do next, looks like I might whip up all the ammo boxes I need then think I'll work on the rails for the waist gunner windows to slide back into the aircraft.

Cheers guys!

Yeah Im thinking similar Dirk however I havent really had a serious go at detailing before so its a kind of test run, if I do make a dogs breakfast of it at least it will be hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back