**** DONE: 1/48 B-25D 41-30278 500 BS 345 BG "Hells Fire"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I did not know Revell made supplies....huh..

Yep, they make paintbrushes, airbrushes, paints (of course), glues of various types, filler, and tweezers, etc...possibly other stuff aswell.
Seems to be a trend at the moment - Hasegawa make all sorts of tools and even furniture (!!!), Airfix have long had their wood and plastic glues, and Italeri have a range of tweezers, fillers, etc now too...

But back to the thread topic...

Hi Derk the colour is aluminium but i did the base in zinc chromate and it reacted with it, giving it a not orange peel but a flakey type effect(mistake) i still have to install the bomb bay sides to the interior of the bomb bay i don't no why they were painted that way but i still have to look for some reference. I have followed the instructions quite blindly as i have found that the black on the nose was not there on the plane!I still have to see if this is correct or not only one source.

Hi all, I go away to the country to work alot sorry about not posting anything for a while so here are some new pics on the progress of the build.
pic 1)the landing gear is painted and ready.
pic 2)the aircraft is assembled but not yet painted (this week end )I have put blue tack and some fishing sinkers to keep the nose down when the landing gear gets put in.
pic 3)upside down shot of the aircraft.
pic 4)The squadron ID colour on the engine cover is a red band,so i have painted that on first and taped them up to help the rest of the painting process.(hopefully)

Attachments

• landing gear 01.jpg
    landing gear 01.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 107
  • together 001.jpg
    together 001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 108
  • together 002.jpg
    together 002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 113
  • engine cowl painted.jpg
    engine cowl painted.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106
Thought you might find this of interest.

Attachments

• 41-30278.jpg
    41-30278.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 172
thanks akdavis thats the first photo i have to go on that's awesome it looks like the nose is painted black after all, but there seems to be some makings on that side of the aircraft (looks like japanese kill flags but this plane has no air to air kills)but the yellow circles and the black nose and dragon mouth seem right.I'm in your det for that as i'm going to start painting the plane in the morning.cheers

Bruce, your doing great, she's taking shape nicely.

That' a good picture AK, nice bit of low level formation flying

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Here is the belated post update on the B-25 wanted to post some last weekend but the site was down.I know that time is running out but the good news is i have almost finished.I had a great deal of fit issue with this kit the detail is great but i have lost most of that on the underside.And yes i dropped it and broke the guns off on the nose will stick back on before completing.

Attachments

• B-25 topside olive drab.jpg
    B-25 topside olive drab.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 120
  • B-25 underside masked.jpg
    B-25 underside masked.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 111
  • B-25 underside neutral grey.jpg
    B-25 underside neutral grey.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 112
  • B-25 putty.jpg
    B-25 putty.jpg