**** DONE: 1/48 B-25D 41-30278 500 BS 345 BG "Hells Fire"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow! Looks like you're tackling every stage in one go! Coming along nicely though. Not sure about the interior colour - looks a bit bright, but it might be my monitor.

Welcome to the site. I love the B-25. Nice model, I am looking forward to see her completed.

DBII

Hi all thanks for the comments, to answer airframes and dirkpitt289 the colour of the interior is green zinc chromate it is a model master paint ,number 1734.On most of my kits i use model master paints the colour of the front of the plane is euro 1 dark green also a model masters paint number 1764.In the instructions for the Italeri reboxing of this kit they supply the paint codes for the model master paint range.I'm just sending in some new pictures of where i'm at with the kit at the moment.
Pic 1)Just a pic of the two fuselage halves before sticking them together thought about giving it a wash coat but seeing how i'd never see it again i didn't.(but i could use the practice)
Pic 2)close up of some interior detail.
PIC 3)The fuselage stuck together this didn't go as well as hoped when i test fitted the halves they went together very well but with glue on them it was another story.
Pic 4)Another view.

Attachments

• resize fuselage halves 001.jpg
    resize fuselage halves 001.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 116
  • resize fuselage close up 001.jpg
    resize fuselage close up 001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 124
  • resize fuselage stuck together 001.jpg
    resize fuselage stuck together 001.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 119
  • resize fuselage stuck together 002.jpg
    resize fuselage stuck together 002.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 120
Bruce

This is really coming along nicely. I really like it a lot.

Two questions. In picture two you have the bomb bay area painted white? This is not a criticism I just don't know a lot about the B-25. I would thought this area would be some kind of chromite or natural finish.

Second question, What is the blue/ yellow object behind the fuselage next to the dikes?

Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming.

Do you mean the 'Contact professional' behind the fues in the last pic Dirk? If so, it's Revell liquid cement in syringe tip bottle. They also do a brush type liquid cement which is what I use.

Nice work mate! You're right, it's a shame a lot of the interior detail won't be seen. A few years ago (well, a lot of years ago!), I made a Mitchell II out of the old Revell B25C kit, and spent bl**dy ages scratch-building the interior, as there was nothing in the kit, only to be able to see - not much!
Thanks for the reply re the colours. They should actually be Inteior Green (basically the same shade as ZC) and Bronze Green, with a sort of 'sage' green quilted padding on the cockpit walls and bombardier's comparment bulkhead and walls, but if the instructions state what they state.....! Pity, as somewhere on the forum here, I posted some interior shots of a B25C/D, still in original 'factory finish'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back