1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb "White 01" Major-General A A Kuznetzov, Eastern Front GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I was up till 2AM the other night watching the Red Sox vs Yankees so last night I was too tired to get anything done. I guess I'm getting to old for consecutive late nights... :oops:

The first thing I wanted to do was add the extra Browning .303 machineguns to the wings. For this I used some Evergreen styrene. I cut the them a little long so that I could handle them better. Once secured in place I will cut them down to size and paint.

IMG_3092.jpg

AUGH!!!!! I had a little bit of a set back last night with the Hurricane when I went to remove the masks after painting the red over the gun ports.

IMG_3099.jpg

Moving forward I decided it was time to install the prop and spinner

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

Started to paint the manifold exhausts before installing them. First I applied the rust. After that dries I will follow up with some silver and black to finish it off.

IMG_3098.jpg

Started the decaling. Here is the sheet and instructions. Lots of options for future builds ;)

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

IMG_3164.jpg

Last night I finally finished the canopy and put it in place with one big issue.

The plastic was so brittle that when I was cleaning it up it just crumpled away. After it was in place I added some clear glue to try and fill the gap

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

Camping trip scheduled for after work today so the next time I get to sit at the bench will be late Sunday or Monday night. thanks for looking

Nice work.
The real plane was pulled from a lake a cca. 10 years ago. It was also armed with RS-82 rockets. A good article about rescuing the plane with some history of the plane (it seems that this bird was flown by Safonov), photos and some colour profile work:
Hawker Hurricane IIB 'Trop' Z5252:
Hawker Hurricane IIB ?Trop? Z5252

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back