1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb "White 01" Major-General A A Kuznetzov, Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Work on Major-General A A Kuznetzov's Lend Lease Hurricane continues

Last we left off the base cote of Dark Earth was applied. Next I masked off and a applied the Dark Green

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

Unmasked. This lighting doesn't do the paint work any justice

IMG_2646.jpg

Next its time to black out the RAF roundels so that the Red Stars can be applied. To do this I took out the decal sheet that came with this kit and using a circle template I found the correct size of the roundels.

IMG_2647.jpg

Once the circles were traced and the centers found I use a compass scribe to sut out the centers

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work

Thanks, the goal tonight will be to mix up some more Azure blue thin it out a bit and then spray over the RAF Roundels. I hope this works

For those following if you remember the last thing I did was to add the under wing RAF roundels

IMG_2877.jpg

Looking at the original photos of this aircraft you can see the roundels bleeding through the paint. My goal was to represent that effect. Taking out the Azure blue this time I thinned it out more then I usually do for painting.

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

Lastly I gave the entire bird a cote of Future.

Till next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back