1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb "White 01" Major-General A A Kuznetzov, Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok I'll be the first to admit I can be slow on the uptake on things but how I got this far into it without realizing it is beyond me. If you look at the actual pictures of Whie 01 at the beginning of the thread you will notice and even see in the history that this plane was shipped with the "tropical" filter still in place. Well the MkIIb kit doesn't come with a "tropical" filter

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Well lucky for me I happen to have a MkIIc in the stash which comes with the filter as a separate piece. *whew* Crises averted :rolleyes:

IMG_2410.jpg

Last edited:
Dirk, I have a spare one from an old Intech kit for Hurricane Mk.IIC. It should fit to the Revell model. So if you want it, please send my a PM with your address. It will be on its way to you tomorrow then.

Attachments

• Hurricane trop1.jpg
    Hurricane trop1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Hurricane trop.jpg
    Hurricane trop.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 100
Dirk, I have a spare one from an old Intech kit for Hurricane Mk.IIC. It should fit to the Revell model. So if you want it, please send my a PM with your address. It will be on its way to you tomorrow then.

Thank you but I don't want to leave you without since I already have the part. I'll just have to switch the subject I was going to build with my MkIIc.

No problem. I have the one as separate pieces and not from the kit that is still in my stash. I won't use this filter and I don't need it.

Not much progress on the Hurricane this weekend due to Mothers Day.

Here we got the wings and tail planes in place
IMG_2420.jpg

I will say that this is a really nice kit. Nice detail and the seams are great. The only filler I needed so far is between the rear of the cockpit and the antenna mast and then again a little just in front of the cockpit.
IMG_2434.jpg

More to follow.

Let me start by saying that Model builders are some of the nicest people around. After my post on this particular kit not having the tropical filter fellow modeler WOjtek offered me one from one of his kits. After he assured me he wasn't going to need it I gladly accepted. What surprised me almost as much as his generosity was the fact that the part made it all the way from Poland in just about a week. This is much faster than anything I've ever gotten and paid for from Hannetts. :confused:

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

The filling and sanding is taking a lot longer then I thought but I'm making progress
More to come ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back