**** DONE: MiG-3 White 5 Alexander Pokryshkin Winter 1941/42 VVS/Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I completed the decal fix and it seemed to work out alright. the first pic shows how I did the masking before touching up the stars with a brush, and the rest of the pics show the result after a coat of Future.

P4174715.JPG
P4174717.JPG
P4174716.JPG
P4174718.JPG

Last edited:
Nice save Glenn. Are you sure about the stars on upper wings? I seem to recall they were omitted in most cases. There were exceptions of course. Especially in the early stages of war.

Thanks, I was worried about it for a while there
Nice save Glenn. Are you sure about the stars on upper wings? I seem to recall they were omitted in most cases. There were exceptions of course. Especially in the early stages of war.
Igor, I know there is some question as to the top wing stars on Pokryshkin MiG-3. All the profiles I could find of His MiG-3 were side views except the one that came with the kit (posted below). It shows the stars on the top of the wings, wile the other option for the kit shows no stars. They must have had some info on it to add the stars on his plane when they deleted them on the other. I wasn't able to find any pictures of it other than some closeups. As you say many if not most had no stars on the top wings but I was able to find many pictures that show stars some of which I posted below. This is a very early war MiG-3 so it is definitely possible that it would carry the stars on top.

510-08r.jpg
Mig3-7.jpg
0921718.jpg
ScannedImage-10.jpg
mig3_2.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda lost my motivation for this one after the decal fiasco, but I'm back to work on it now, and have painted the exhaust stacks and sprayed on the dull coat. I hope to do some of the pastel exhaust stains and weathering tonight if I have time.

P5144919.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back