1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb "White 01" Major-General A A Kuznetzov, Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The first thing I wanted to do was add the extra Browning .303 machineguns to the wings. For this I used some Evergreen styrene. I cut the them a little long so that I could handle them better. Once secured in place I will cut them down to size and paint.

AUGH!!!!! I had a little bit of a set back last night with the Hurricane when I went to remove the masks after painting the red over the gun ports.

Moving forward I decided it was time to install the prop and spinner

Started to paint the manifold exhausts before installing them. First I applied the rust. After that dries I will follow up with some silver and black to finish it off.

Started the decaling. Here is the sheet and instructions. Lots of options for future builds

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

Last night I finally finished the canopy and put it in place with one big issue.

The plastic was so brittle that when I was cleaning it up it just crumpled away. After it was in place I added some clear glue to try and fill the gap

Camping trip scheduled for after work today so the next time I get to sit at the bench will be late Sunday or Monday night. thanks for looking

Nice work.
The real plane was pulled from a lake a cca. 10 years ago. It was also armed with RS-82 rockets. A good article about rescuing the plane with some history of the plane (it seems that this bird was flown by Safonov), photos and some colour profile work:
Hawker Hurricane IIB 'Trop' Z5252:
Hawker Hurricane IIB ?Trop? Z5252

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread