1/72nd Fairey Albacore

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
My latest project from my large collection of rare kits is going to be a 1/72nd Fairey Albacore by Pegasus.On opening the kit up i found that it was not complete so quite a lot will be have remade,the main parts that are missing are the main tail section and undercarriage.Pegasus kits were short run moulded kits from the late 70's,luckly they came with scale plans that i could copy if anyone is interested,pics to follow

bob212.jpg

bob210.jpg

bob209.jpg

bob208.jpg

bob211.jpg

re-edited as requested

Last edited:
as can be seen in the photos i've put together the main fuselage and started to add detail into the cockpit,also i made a new tail out of plastic card from the plans provided in the kit,i plan to do a little research as because of the large screen area you will be able to see inside the cockpit,i know i'm not very good at the moment but my projects are normally a lot larger

bob037.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work so far.

It would be nice if you uploaded the pics direct from your hard drive using "Manage Attachments"

bob213.jpg

bob214.jpg

bob215.jpg

bob216.jpg

bob217.jpg

bob218.jpg

bob219.jpg

bob220.jpg

thanks for the tips on how to post,i hope this works properly,so far this afternoons work including new undercarriage to replace the missing parts

Ah, that's better! Looking good so far. Is it going to be Fleet Air Arm, or the single RAF Sqn to operate the type?

Hi the kit features an aircraft from 826 Squadron based at Bircham Newton in Norfolk june 1940 but i'd prefer Fleet Air Arm ,i just don't know which aircraft to finish it as at the moment,any ideas anyone

thanks very much,i have 2 of the larger projects on the go at the moment plus some i've already done,take a look;
bob059.jpg

bob064.jpg

bob053.jpg

bob054.jpg

i've been working on the Albacore this afternoon and will post some photos tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back