10 days to Group Build #16

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I remembered some made kits among the stash from my mate's attic... if resurrecting old kits is allowed, then count me in with a 1:72 Frog/Novo Supermarine S6B.

Have seperated parts already, needs to be cleaned up and decals sourced from spares. Also in said stash is a VEB Plasticart 1:72 Junkers G23... hmmm.....

mmmmmm G-23 :D USSR Markings :D mmmm

Shouldn't be any reason to sit this one out with sooooo many Different planes that could be in the mix.

So Paul, an F3f-1, and a 2 model, and we coulda had a wood fabric and dope version...... boo hoo.

Shouldn't be any reason to sit this one out with sooooo many Different planes that could be in the mix.

So Paul, an F3f-1, and a 2 model, and we coulda had a wood fabric and dope version...... boo hoo.

I'm just uncomfortable with people telling me how to build my models. I'm an OOB builder, no frills, no detailing... right out of the box. Some people don't understand my point, which is, if the designer wanted wheel wells, he'd have made arrangements for them in the plans. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind suggestions. I can employ them or ignore them, but I don't like being told I did this or that wrong.

Charles

I'm just uncomfortable with people telling me how to build my models. I'm an OOB builder, no frills, no detailing... right out of the box. Some people don't understand my point, which is, if the designer wanted wheel wells, he'd have made arrangements for them in the plans. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind suggestions. I can employ them or ignore them, but I don't like being told I did this or that wrong.

Charles

I can relate, sometimes I like to over weather aircraft, but thats how I like it, and then when someone goes "thats insane :O" I get frustrated a bit and am like "oh yeah you don't even weather your aircraft Mr!" :(

As we sort of got things wrong in the first instance way back when………………by titling this GB as From WW1 to WW2 1914-39 then it is basically 1914 to 1939 GB including WWI.

So I'm going to kick off with an SE.5a in the vein of my 56 Squadron theme A simple little plane except for the rigging, which knowing me could well turn into a complex overkill. If all goes well I could then update a little and add a Gauntlet or Gladiator or maybe both. Time will tell.

Hell Charles. I didn't even realize you were being criticized in your builds.
Browbeating is not a practice I like either. Personally a string bag in wood fabric and dope makes perfect sense.
Your builds take me back to 12 years old. It's what I started with, rubber band flyers.

I don't blame you for taking a break.......

Too bad we can't just give the negative comments a good old F.O. reply!

Go for it Charles,i think your builds are fun to watch,just ignore bad comments i guess they are meant the right way and are just to help you with correct detailing,but its a lot harder to build flying kits than plastic,just enjoy your hobby i for one enjoy watching what you are doing,i get comments myself about building too quick but they look a lot better in real life than close up pics of detailing in 1/72nd by brush

What some of the "critics" out there seem to forget is, a balsa/tissue model was designed to actually fly. Loading it up with lots of detailing adds weight, and in a flying model, weight is your enemy. Like I said, I don't mind suggestions. My PM box overflowed when I painted the floatplane "according to the plans", which was not authentic British camo. It happened again with the Hellcat. My demarcation lines were too straight., etc, etc...

I'm certain some of the PM's I got were meant to be friendly suggestions, but I thought they were rather intrusive....

What's wrong with building a model my way ?

Charles

Many apologies Charles - I'm one of the ones who commented on the Spitty details on it's thread...
No criticism was intended of your work, hope it wasnt' taken that way.

Comments are not what I am talking about. Comments and suggestions are fine with me. What got to me was the out and out telling me I built my model wrong.

Charles

Charles please don't give up mate,i love your efforts,i wish i could my balsa kits as good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back