10 days to Group Build #16

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Only 10 days to the start of GB 16 - From WW1 to WW2 1918-39. It should bring a wide range of entries.

I'll be building the Czech Model Curtiss A-8 Shrike. It has a ton of resin and should be quite challenging.

You can count me in with a Fairey Swordfish that I am building for my Father.

Got my **F3F-2 of VF-5 from USS Yorktown CV-5, it's sitting next to me..... an I just wanna cut the bags open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
for this GB, I have a serious trouble choosing planes, I have 10 aircraft from 1918 to 1939;
Albatross DV of Baron von Richthofen,
Junkers G38 (D-AVIS)
RWD-8 (spanish nationalist air force)
Tupolev SB-2 (spanish republican air force)
Heinkel HE 51 B (spanish nationalist air force)
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-1 (spanish nationalist air force)
Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 (spanish republican air force)
Hispano-Nieuport NiD-52 (spanish nationalist air force)
Koolhoven FK-51 (spanish republican air force)
Vultee V-1A (spanish republican air force), rest assured that I do because this was the last avon which lifted my grandfather from Barcelona to Madrid if bad memory in mid-1938 for the defense of Madrid where prisoner callus day of defeat.

Last edited:
Nieuport 17 of Count Francesco Baracca :D I thought you'd never ask :)

I'm itching myself to do either a I-16 from the Spanish forces or China as well :S

Last edited:
I searched and couldn't find the exact criteria for the build. I understand it's for between wars but does that mean that they were designed and only flew before WWII? Or, designed before but flew in WWII, say an early Mk.I Spit? Me, I'm going for the MC.200 Saetta or Swordfish if they fall into line.

Geo

Geo, It's 1914-1939, so my understanding is, any aircraft made in those years with markings not after Dec.31,1939. I may be wrong, so if a judge would weigh in, it would be great.
I have a Curtiss R3C-2 that Jimmy Doolittle flew and a Grumman F3F-1 that are definitely going in, and as a possible third entry, it is a coin toss between an S.E.5a, a "Willow" Japanese trainer, or possibly, (with the judges approval), resurecting the P-35 that got destroyed by "aliens" in GB# 13.

Last edited:
Thenk yew Paul. I just found a P-36 at the back of my stash. It's a Hobbycraft kit and I think most here know my feeling towards Hobbycraft right now. :leftfighter1: Hobbycraft

Geo

The original idea was to have the GB for the 'between the wars' period, 1918 to 1939, to allow coverage of the huge variety of aircraft, and rapid developments in aviation during this period. This also allowed a digression from the numerous repeats of the same type of aircraft seen time after time in many of the GBs - '109s, '190s, P-51s, Spits etc.
However, this has now been expanded, for some strange reason, to include WW1, so is aimed at aircraft from 1914 to 1939. The real 'spirit' of the GB is supposed to allow the 'Golden Age' of aviation to be represented, and not, for example, another '109 in a different colour scheme, although this, of course, is likely to happen anyway.

Everyone should do some Nieuports :D why is this beautiful bird being shut aside! Alas I guess I'll have to do a couple more, maybe 10 :O don't know hehe :D

I was planning on doing a F3F-2 balsa/tissue kit by Diels Engineering, of Amherst, Ohio. You'll note it's not a Guillow's kit. However, I may sit this one out.

Charles

Nooo why is everyone sitting this one out, almost :D so many naked women planes from WW1 to 39 to choose from :D lol

George, the Hobbycraft P-36 family are not a bad models, just a little basic. I've built 3 of them and enjoyed building every one. Still have one somewhere in my stash.

I remembered some made kits among the stash from my mate's attic... if resurrecting old kits is allowed, then count me in with a 1:72 Frog/Novo Supermarine S6B.

Have seperated parts already, needs to be cleaned up and decals sourced from spares. Also in said stash is a VEB Plasticart 1:72 Junkers G23... hmmm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back