10 days to Group Build #16

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll jump in on this, as my first GB...... Will be a late entry though, as I have an interstate work trip the first 2 weeks of November and a bucketload of paperwork to do after... Then 4 days leave with some serious fishing time booked in.

Probably won't see me until first week of December!!

Can someone school me on entry requirements... Do I need to register etc first or just enter the comp when I'm ready? I had a looksie at the rules but couldn't find anything....

Just enter, showing the Category and other details as published in the rules. Please also look at the photo requirements, and please post pics by up-loading direct to the forum, and not via one of those irritating and time-consuming image hosting sites.

In My Humble Opinion, PM's are not for the purpose of Browbeating...................
It's a sly way of what is commonly referred to as peer pressure, or bullying......
If it cannot be said in the thread! IT SHOULD NOT BE SAID AT ALL!

Plane and simple.
But this Is just MHO.

General characteristics
Crew: Four
Length: 52 ft 3 in (15.93 m)
Wingspan: 87 ft 8 in (26.77 m)
Height: 18 ft 2 in (5.54 m)

Wing area: 2,178 ft² (202.4 m²)
Empty weight: 9,650 lb (4,377 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 17,620 lb (7,993 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × Napier Lion VB inline piston, 580 hp (433 kW) each
1160 hp, imagine that in a Camaro!

My God man, you're not gonna try it in 32nd scale are you??????
that would be 19" long x 32" wing span x 7" tall.

Hehe

General characteristics
Crew: Four
Length: 52 ft 3 in (15.93 m)
Wingspan: 87 ft 8 in (26.77 m)
Height: 18 ft 2 in (5.54 m)

Wing area: 2,178 ft² (202.4 m²)
Empty weight: 9,650 lb (4,377 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 17,620 lb (7,993 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × Napier Lion VB inline piston, 580 hp (433 kW) each
1160 hp, imagine that in a Camaro!

My God man, you're not gonna try it in 32nd scale are you??????
that would be 19" long x 32" wing span x 7" tall.

Hehe

Bill.... what on earth are you talking about ???

Charles

Still debating..... The balsa F3F-2 will be such a challenge. Thirty-three ribs in the upper wing, 21 in the lower and well over 20 in the fuselage. The landing gear will be a pain in the arse...

Charles

I will be doing an Airfix new mold kit Swordfish mkI in March 1939, just a hair before the war.

Airfix_Swordfish_BA_02.jpg

Nice choices guys!

Checked everything I have which would fit the build criteria... possible move dictates a K.I.S.S policy.

First build:

-PZL P.11c (RPM 1:72). Aircraft '10', Polish 161 Fighter Squadron, early 1939 (Techmod decals)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back