Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Diego Chargers

• Kansas City Chiefs

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vikings were the first to loose 4 different Superbowls, albiet non-consecutive.
Next time you are watching a game and they are showing record breaking plays and such make notice how many times they team or person with the record has done it against the Minnesota Vikings. It's astounding.

Choke jobs! Nobody does it better than the Phillies. 64', what was it 6 games ahead with 11 to play and they lost it all. Of course the Mets this year was pretty good.

Pb, that was a good one. And I rooted for the Bills every year of that stretch.

You want to talk about choking, try the Houston Oilers and the 70's and early 80's.

DBII

For all the hoopla I dont think the Pats are the greatest NFL ever. Yeah they are one of the best but it is a different type of football than was played before.

If the Pats of today were to play the 60's Packers, 70's Stellers, 85 Bears, 80's to mid 90's 49ers they would not stand a chance.

The Pats of today play fast but prissy football, those other teams played in your face football.

Not a bad list TO, but I don't think the Bears would make my top pick. Top 5 or 6, yes, the top pick, no. Here would be my list, in no order.

62 Packers
72 Dolphins
78 Steelers
84 49ers
85 Bears
93 Cowboys (yeah I hate em, but they were damn good)
Heck, I'd put Elway's 99 Broncos above the 08 Pats.

If I had to pick a top team, I'd go with the 72 Dolphins. Led the league in Offense, defense, rushing (almost 3,000 yards), fewest rushing yards allowed, 4th fewest passing yards allowed, most points scored, tied for most interceptions, and fewest points allowed. That is a complete team.

62 Packers
66 Packers
72 Dolphins
73 Dolphins
74 Steelers
78 Steelers
76 Raiders
84 49ers
85 Bears
89 49ers
94 49ers

All better than the 08 Patriots.

Here's my criteria, I'm not going to rank a team with more than one loss. Yes, there are many great two loss teams ('66 Packers for one). I also put a lot of credence on post season play. The '85 bears outscored their three post season opponents 91-10. And I'll always give the nod to a dominating defense over a dominating offense.

Hey, just one guy's opinion.

TO

Im a solid believer that Defense wins the big games, not Offense.... If ur team has an average offense, and the best defense in the league, ur gonna win games....

That being said, I think u guys are being too crtical of the Patriots.... What they have almost completed is astounding.... Sorry, but Im amazed beyond belief that they are the ONLY team to go 18-0....

With as complex as the game is today, the different looks the offense gives, the multitude of different defensive formations, this feat will go down in history as the greatest team ever....

I did enjoy the stats u posted on the 72 Dolphins TO, they were indeed a great team... Dominating on both sides of the ball....

As for my opinion, I dont rank those 62 Packers as the best....

Im a solid believer that Defense wins the big games, not Offense.... If ur team has an average offense, and the best defense in the league, ur gonna win games.....

That's why the '85 Bears get my vote; best D I've ever seen.

That being said, I think u guys are being too crtical of the Patriots.... What they have almost completed is astounding.... Sorry, but Im amazed beyond belief that they are the ONLY team to go 18-0....

I'm not, if they go 19-0 they will go down (IMO) as one of the best of all time (but remember, they gotta get past your Giants).

With as complex as the game is today, the different looks the offense gives, the multitude of different defensive formations, this feat will go down in history as the greatest team ever....

Maybe. :rolleyes:

I did enjoy the stats u posted on the 72 Dolphins TO, they were indeed a great team... Dominating on both sides of the ball....

Uh, that was Thor Les, not me. :)

As for my opinion, I dont rank those 62 Packers as the best....

Nor do I, one of the best though.

TO

My list was not a list of team better than the 08 Pats, just my personal opinion of all time best teams. But I do thing the 99 Bronco's were better. Ok, here is my list in order.

72 Dolphins
84 49ers
08 Pats
99 Broncos
62 Packers
93 Cowboys
85 Bears
78 Steelers

And I changed my mind. I put the 08 Pats ahead of the 99 Broncos.

Adler, I like your list. I know you hate them, as do I, but you don't think those 90's Cowboy's teams even deserve a mention. They were pretty dang stout. They had 3rd string guys leaving and starting for other teams.

The Pats will certainly go down as one of the greatest teams but I dont think they are the greatest team as I stated above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back