Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Diego Chargers

• Kansas City Chiefs

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Every top-team has had a close call to a sucky team, ours just happened to be on Monday Night Football.

Overrated? The Cowboys are America's team, bandwagon fans will happen, but most are genuine fans.

Not going to lie, I am worried about playing the Packers again especially because we already beat them once. However, if we keep our stuff together I think we have a shot.

Also, our quarterback is Favre minus about 15 years... :)
The Bills aren't to sucky they are playing for a wild card spot against Cleveland this week. The Cowboys are Americas team in the mind of Dallas fans but not many others

Sorry, Aggie, but Romo is no Favre even from his kindergarten days. Dallas looks good because the division sucks. Eagles collasping, Peyton's brother thinks he's playing lacrosse and really, the Redskins? Dallas got lucky this year with the other teams disintergrating. And yeah my Eagles are spiraling downward.

But as the mantra is around here.....Dallas sucks!!!!

Overrated? The Cowboys are America's team, bandwagon fans will happen, but most are genuine fans.

That is a self appointed title. They are not not Americas Team. Anyone can call themselves Americas team.

I read a good artical about how Dallas actually rose from 5th place in fan loyalty to 1st place this year ahead of Indiannapolis. Reason why? Because they are winning. If the Washington Redskins were 12-1 and the Dallas Cowboys were 4-8 the Washington Redskins would in 1st and the Dallas Cowboys were not.

Every team has there die hard fans. I will never be anything but a 49er fan. However whichever team is winning at the moment will have the most fans. That is fact.

Dallas has allways self appointed themselves America's team. Like I said I can start my own football team right now and call it America's team.

Aggie08 said:
Also, our quarterback is Favre minus about 15 years... :)

No he will never reach Favre status. Favre is a one of kind of Quarterback. He is the last one. He is of the same class as Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, and Steve Young.

You can not even come close to putting Romo in the same catagory with those guys.

Is he a good Quarterback? Yeah he sure is, but I think you take his top recievers away and he is just an average NFL Quarterback. He does not do well under pressure (just watch him when the offensive line fails to protect him) Almost every game that Dallas over the last 2 years, Romo crumbled under pressure.

Again he is a good quarterback but he is not elite...

Well, I'm from Dallas so I can say whatever I want. :) You don't have to listen, I just have to convince myself and whoever cares to listen that we're returning to the glory days. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, and sweet mother of mercy I hate the Eagles...

You know my team did not make the playoffs but the season turned out allright.

How?

Dallas got beat by the Giants!!!

I liked the Jets but i dont know what happened to them and then i guess i had to root for the Giants. Dallas is Dallas' team and THe giants are New Jersey's team :)

I am originally from Dallas. Was there when the Cowgirls got there (1960) and left in 1992. I can't stand the CGs. The reason is two fold. They killed college football in the metro plex and the way they did it is the reason they often don't live up to expectations. Example: Sunday versus the Giants. The media in Dallas worships the CGs to the exclusion of most other sports. When the CGs win the media holds them so high the players start believing all the press clippings. Then they fall on their butts.

Five more days....

Hope it's -13F with a wind chill of -46F (just like the 1967 NFL Championship game when the Packers beat the Cowboys 21-17). Still the best game I've ever seen.

TO

Attachments

• lambeau2.jpg
    lambeau2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 94
TO, the CGs did play in some good ones both against GB and Pitt.

Sure did...

Year before the "Ice Bowl" it was 34-27 Packers in the Cotton Bowl. And three great Super Bowls (well Super XIII wasn't great, just exciting at the end) against the Steelers.

TO

Attachments

• pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 92
TO, I used to know several of the players from the CGs in those days. Of course I went to school with Meredith and knew him well. Used to play racquet ball with Chuck Howley. Golf and racquet ball with Leroy Jordan and Dan Reeves. All of them good people.

TO, I used to know several of the players from the CGs in those days. Of course I went to school with Meredith and knew him well. Used to play racquet ball with Chuck Howley. Golf and racquet ball with Leroy Jordan and Dan Reeves. All of them good people.

Very cool ren,
They were very good players, remember 'em all. And loved "Dandy Don" on MNF.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back