2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You were saying Charles? Argentina Who????

Man that was a great game! Germany played great! Argentina did not play good. Why? Because Germany shut them down. Good bye Maradona, Good bye Argenina!

The team of arrogance is gone! You see Charles, **** talking does not win Championships! Germany may not win the World Cup, but they look good right now, but they at least sent the arrogant Marodana and Argentina home! Not only did they beat them, they shut them down. Not because Argentina played bad, but because Germany did not allow them them to get into the game. When Argentina realized they could not beat the superior team, they started diving and fouling. Typical...

Yes I can say this, because the whole world saw the result!

Yes, great game, Germany. Hopefully they and we will make it through the semi's. Would love to have a Germany-Netherlands finals, doesn't matter who wins

Agreed, that would be a great final. No matter who wins, let the best team win! No arrogant bullshit talking or anything like that. That would be a World Class World Cup final!

Agreed, that would be a great final. No matter who wins, let the best team win! No arrogant bullshit talking or anything like that. That would be a World Class World Cup final!
Spain certainly wouldn't be
they seem pretty stumped for ideas against Paraguay, the most interesting feature of the game has been the ping-pong penalty shoot-out; despite the three penalties in as many minutes, the ref still managed to miss one - the 'keeper caught the ankles of the Spanish player as he closed for the rebound

Torres continues to have an anonymous World Cup

Spain have yet to be convincing in this tournament. The penalty that was forced to be retaken for encroachment was a bit harsh though I thought as all the penalties (the 3 that were given) had some players encroaching yet only 1 was forced to be retaken. Then there was the stonewall penalty immediately afterwards that wasn't given. Spain's goal although a good one was also pretty lucky, the ball did hit the post 3 times before crossing the line.

As a said earlier though, so glad to see the arrogant b*stards of Argentina go home, really hated Maradona before the tournament and the watching the tournament hasn't changed that...

Dutch - German final I think would provide the best spectacle and would be a great game. Guess the upcoming semi is going to be revenge for Germany for the Euro 2008 final loss...

I unfortunately missed most of the game because I was at the city wide party down town after the defeat of Arrogentina! Unfortunately I forgot my camera this time.

I did watch the final 30 minutes of the game. Unfortunately I can not make a good enough decision as to how they played because of that.

Fair enough
they're through but that was a far from convincing performance

I have to agree with you. I am not saying that Germany is going to win this World Cup. Anybody can win it, but Germany is the only team that seems to be getting stronger. I think this young team just really wants it at the moment.

It will be a tough game against Spain, but if the same team shows up that played against England and Argentina, Germany will be a tough team to crack.

Guess the upcoming semi is going to be revenge for Germany for the Euro 2008 final loss...

I hope you are right. I also think that it is building up that. The young German players just seem to want to prove something.

Last edited:
Just wanted to point some things out:

4 unanswered Germany goals left Argentina to reflect on their heaviest FIFA World Cup defeat in 52 years. La Albiceleste need to look all the way back to a 6-1 humbling at the hands of Czechoslovakia in 1958 for a bigger loss on the world stage. Diego Maradona's side also surrendered their status as South Africa 2010's top scorers, with Germany – on 13 - now comfortably top of that particular table, four clear of their closest surviving challengers, the Netherlands.

2 minutes and 40 seconds of today's quarter-final was all Thomas Muller needed to score the fastest goal of South Africa 2010. The youngster's header, the quickest FIFA World Cup goal since Croatia's Darijo Srna's second-minute free-kick against Australia in 2006, also saw Germany become just the second team in FIFA World Cup history – after Brazil – to reach the 200-goal mark.

1 more goal is all that Miroslav Klose requires to draw level with Ronaldo as the FIFA World Cup's greatest-ever goalscorer. By grabbing a double against Argentina, Klose joined compatriot Gerd Muller on the 14-mark and moved clear of Pele (12) and Just Fontaine (13). The Bayern Munich striker managed these feats on the landmark occasion of his 100th international appearance. Klose, in fact, became only the sixth German to reach his century and will be desperate to match predecessors Franz Beckenbauer, Jurgen Klinsmann, Jurgen Kohler, Thomas Hassler and Lothar Matthaus, all of whom won the game's ultimate prize.

Man the people are still outside partying. It is 0030 at night and the streets are insane at the moment. All I hear is cars honking and people singing.

Oh and one last thing. The top 10 stats of the World Cup up to date:

Goals Scored
1. David Villa (Spain) - 5
2. Thomas Mueller (Germany) - 4
3. Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands) - 4
4. Miroslav Klose (Germany) - 4
5. Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina) - 4
6. Robert Vittek (Slovakia) - 4
7. Luis Suarez (Uruguay) - 3
8. Diego Forlan (Uruguay) - 3
9. Landon Donovan (USA) - 3

Goals Scored by Team
1. Germany - 13
2. Argentina - 10
3. Netherlands - 9
4. Brazil - 9
5. Portugal - 7
6. Uruguay - 7
7. Spain - 6
8. South Korea - 6
9. Ghana - 5
10. USA - 5

Most Goals Allowed by Team
1. North Korea - 12
2. South Korea - 8
3. Slovakia - 7
4. Australia - 6
5. Denmark - 6
6. Argentina - 6
7. Cameroon - 5
8. Greece - 5
9. England - 5
10. Chile - 5

Least Goals Allowed by Team
1. Portugal - 1
2. Switzerland - 1
3. Germany - 2
4. Uruguay - 2
5. Spain - 2
6. Japan - 2
7. Paraguay - 2
8. New Zealand - 2
9. Algeria - 2
10. Netherlands - 3

Total Shots
1. Ghana - 101
2. Argentina - 95
3. Spain - 90
4. Brazil - 89
5. Germany - 79
6. Uruguay - 74
7. Netherlands - 69
8. USA - 69
9. England - 65
10. Chile - 64

Shots on Goal
1. Argentina - 43
2. Spain - 35
3. Netherlands - 34
4. Germany - 33
5. Uruguay - 33
6. Ghana - 32
7. Brazil - 31
8. England - 31
9. Japan - 27
10. USA - 26

Most Yellow Cards by Team
1. Chile - 13
2. Netherlands - 12
3. Ghana - 11
4. Slovakia - 11
5. Paraguay - 9
6. USA - 9
7. Mexico - 9
8. Slovenia - 9
9. Portugal - 8
10. Switzerland - 8

Half Finals (Round of 4) Fixtures:

Tues
Netherlands - Uruguay

Wed
Germany - Spain

You have to wonder where Spain would be right now without David Villa

Odd that certain guys havent mentined the Germany score....

But Germany do well...and Klose could be on for best scorer in world cup history.

That some record.

Spain were rubbish and the Germans will clean them up if they play like that.

But still going with Uruguay...you dont get what you get against Ghana unless the fate is smiling on you.

Strange...reading how South American football is dominant...and we will have 4 S.American teams in the semis...nope!

Odd that certain guys havent mentined the Germany score....

I am waiting on Charle's post as well. If it were the other way around, he would have been the first on here posting.

Must say that this game also was marred by a bad call. Thomas Mueller did not deserve a Yellow Card for that supposed Had Ball. It was not intentional, the ball just happened to roll of his chest. Terrible call, now such a key player as him will miss the Half Finals against Spain.

Attachments

• 34658150173298697513437.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Argentina can thank it's defeat to it's coach, Diego didn't show much sense of strategy Yesterday.

Congrats for Spain - today i had a fine steak ( maybe fom argentina) and on wednesday i will have a fine paella LOL

Unfortunately the cheese won't taste that good
Hopefully we'll make it both to the finals. Would be nice to watch it together eh Chris? Unfortunately I'll be on holiday, leaving on Friday. Won't be able to react on the final or loser's-final

Last edited:
Argentina can thank it's defeat to it's coach, Diego didn't show much sense of strategy Yesterday.

Did you see how he started yelling at Germans fans and attacking them because they were celebrating their teams victory? What a sad sad man...

Hopefully we'll make it both to the finals. Would be nice to watch it together eh Chris? Unfortunately I'll be on holiday, leaving on Friday. Won't be able to react on the final or loser's-final

Same here, I will be watching the Final from Alaska. I should have flown out a few days later and come back a few days later than planned.

Users who are viewing this thread