A few ground rules for the new folks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geez, just joined up and this is the first thread I read !!! why did i join here?

Hopefully you joined because you have an interest in aircraft.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is to let new folks know what some of the rules are, although it's been hijacked in a few places.

I think most of the original post was pretty straightforward: don't get into flame wars, don't pick a fight with the Mods, be respectful, don't insult people.

Makes sense?

If you wish to play by the rules like the rest of us, then welcome and enjoy the forum.

The rules are fairly simple common-sense.

Here was the original post about rules forum behavior.

Okay, to avoid any confusion around here, there are a few rules that must be followed:

1. NEVER disparage anyone's service to their country. Call him a putz, tell him he's full of crap, whatever. But insulting anyone's military service will be grounds for immediate banning. There will be no appeal.

2. The administrators and moderators run a fairly tight ship. We do let some banter go on for a bit, but when any one of us tells you to settle down, just do it. Do not pick a fight with any one of them, because they stand pretty united, and you WILL lose.

3. If you have a problem, question or beef, you can PM any one of us for assistance, if it is handled with respect.

4. Disagreements will happen from time to time and some of these debates can get heated. The personal attacks are a sign that your facts or data are weak, or you are not doing a good job at expressing your point of view. This should not turn into insults and personal attacks. Warnings will be issued for infractions.

5. If you decide to start a fight with someone, be prepared to take your licks. This is the World Wide Web, the new "old west" and it can get rough on the web at times. Don't be thin-skinned. We will watch for this kind of activity and do our best to tone it down before it gets out of hand, but mods/admins can not be everywhere, all the time.

Please take some time reading through some threads and get a feel for the place. Use the search function to look for threads of interest or if you have a question. There have been a lot of topics discussed here and some of your questions may already be answered. Plus reading through some of the threads will give you a better idea of who the people are and what subjects they know well.

Enjoy, have fun and be respectful. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hello, I am new to your forum and am delighted to have found you. My dad flew Liberators over Burma with the RAF during WWII. He was the pilot. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I have so many unanswered questions. Recently, I read that a pilot had to fly with his window open so that if the windscreen was obscured, he could put his head out to see where he was going? My dad never said anything about that other than it could be very cold. Is it true?

Thanks, Thorlifter. Yes, I could see it on approach or maybe taking off. In this novel, the pilot said having the window open was why he lost a finger to frostbite. I thought it was a bit over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back