A Model from Russia... Mi - 28 Havoc.. by popular demand. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The chopper looks good and i like how you have bent the Blades alot of modelleres forget to do this.

I can't help myself NFN but your chopper looks like a dogs face ! kinda qute with its black nose.

ian.

The chopper looks good and i like how you have bent the Blades alot of modelleres forget to do this.

I can't help myself NFN but your chopper looks like a dogs face ! kinda qute with its black nose.

ian.

:lol: Thanks Ian, It reminded me of the blue meanies flying hand when I first saw it but it does remind me also of a dogs face. :lol:

Thanks Lucky, someday I may be as good as you guys. This model has mostly been an education for me. I experimented with techniques to see how they would look. Some are ok, others I won't repeat. Looking forward to finishing this monster and getting to work on real planes. I have a Guillows F6F Hellcat I'm trying to convert into a weather vane soon. If it turns out ok, I'll post it. :)

Yeah!! It's finally done! :D I spent the day working on the final touches. Got all the decals on... need to be very gentle with them as they fall apart easily. :| Hope you guys like it. Like I mentioned earlier, its mostly a learning model and just seeing what Russian models are like.

Attachments

• Helicopter 007.jpg
    Helicopter 007.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Helicopter 008.jpg
    Helicopter 008.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 009.jpg
    Helicopter 009.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Helicopter 010.jpg
    Helicopter 010.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 012.jpg
    Helicopter 012.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Helicopter 013.jpg
    Helicopter 013.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 017.jpg
    Helicopter 017.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Tony, the cammo I finally came up with I developed using a technique I use in painting pictures. That is I put on an under painting or coat of paint that is one color then put another color over the top. The end result is a color that was green with brown under tones. In this case I used the tan cammo first, then made a wash solution using OD green and thinner. Finally I used OD green over all the brown areas letting a little brown show through the green. I don't own an airbrush so washes and dry brushing plus pastels are the only way I know to achieve something that might look halfway decent. Now that I'm getting back into models and I have a resource for new ideas through this forum, I can start to improve my modeling skills. Thanks again to all who have shown their support. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back