A Model from Russia... Mi - 28 Havoc.. by popular demand.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The chopper looks good and i like how you have bent the Blades alot of modelleres forget to do this.

I can't help myself NFN but your chopper looks like a dogs face ! kinda qute with its black nose.

ian.

The chopper looks good and i like how you have bent the Blades alot of modelleres forget to do this.

I can't help myself NFN but your chopper looks like a dogs face ! kinda qute with its black nose.

ian.

Thanks Ian, It reminded me of the blue meanies flying hand when I first saw it but it does remind me also of a dogs face.

Thanks Lucky, someday I may be as good as you guys. This model has mostly been an education for me. I experimented with techniques to see how they would look. Some are ok, others I won't repeat. Looking forward to finishing this monster and getting to work on real planes. I have a Guillows F6F Hellcat I'm trying to convert into a weather vane soon. If it turns out ok, I'll post it.

Yeah!! It's finally done! I spent the day working on the final touches. Got all the decals on... need to be very gentle with them as they fall apart easily. Hope you guys like it. Like I mentioned earlier, its mostly a learning model and just seeing what Russian models are like.

Attachments

• Helicopter 007.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Helicopter 008.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 009.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Helicopter 010.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 012.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Helicopter 013.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Helicopter 017.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Tony, the cammo I finally came up with I developed using a technique I use in painting pictures. That is I put on an under painting or coat of paint that is one color then put another color over the top. The end result is a color that was green with brown under tones. In this case I used the tan cammo first, then made a wash solution using OD green and thinner. Finally I used OD green over all the brown areas letting a little brown show through the green. I don't own an airbrush so washes and dry brushing plus pastels are the only way I know to achieve something that might look halfway decent. Now that I'm getting back into models and I have a resource for new ideas through this forum, I can start to improve my modeling skills. Thanks again to all who have shown their support.

Users who are viewing this thread