A word to forum members: Patience. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Just a few quick notes to everyone.

We just recently had a bit of a spat here, because someone felt we were ignoring them. They requested to have their thread sticky'd, and they got upset because it was not done immediately. The fact was, we had not seen it yet.

1. We Mods do not do this for a living. We have jobs and lives outside of the internet (shocking huh? :)). We are not online all of the time. There are times when no Mod is online.

2. Last I checked there were 850,164 posts in 29,285 threads (of which several hundred are currently active at any given time). It is impossible to see all of the threads and all of the posts at every moment.

3. Sometimes it takes time before something is seen. Rest assured though that we will see it and will take appropriate action. Just be patient.

Now...

If you have a problem with a Mod (or any member of this forum as a matter of fact).

1. Please contact them in a PM. Do not call them out in the forum, especially when it is something petty like getting a sticky for your thread. If you do so, things tend to get resolved pretty quickly. In this particular case, the Mod would have just went and put a sticky on the thread.

2. Don't go to other forums and call us Nazis. It is very immature and only shows.

So having said that, please have patience. Issues will be resolved. We can not be everywhere, all the time.

I hope that you all understand this (and I think that the majority of you will).

Thanks

Last edited:
A sticky?:dontknow: sticky........?

When a thread is "stuck" or made "sticky" it shows up at the top of the forum Thread. For instance, if you go to "Off Topic" you will see three threads that are above all the others. These three have been made "sticky", and "stuck" threads come to the top of the list.

Someone got very upset because his GB thread was not made "sticky". He made a complete azz of himself and he came very close to being banned. Instead he was banned for one day. If he comes back and acts civil, there will be no further problem. If he does not come back, (IMHO) there will be no loss to the forum.

Charles

Good God, I thought that we women were the only ones suffering from PMS - apparently not! :D

Patience:
Sounds good to me, I've got no complaints about this forum whatsoever, keep up the good job guys!

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, And the man that getteth understanding."

You do a great job guys and for free, my thanks.

I add my vote to all of the above. I've stuck my foot in it more than once and I've always been treated with respect and fairness. I'm not a member of a lot of forums but this one is and always has been since day one #1 in all respects. All of the mods have my utmost respect for what you do and how you do it

I just wanted to thank everyone, mods and membs, for a great site.
Keep up the good work!
I thought that aircraft modeling required patience... or is it insanity? Well, back to scratching the cockpit in my Williams bros. P-35.
(picts soon)

Speaking as a plumber, making something "sticky" is usually a bad thing ( or at least smelly ). Seriously, keep up the good work guys. Everybody has on off day sometimes.

Just to add to Adler's comment about 'patience'. I've been to several other forums and sometimes its weeks before anyone gets a response. This forum is fairly active and responses are usually quick. At any given time there is usually a Mod on the forum during the day. But with so many threads, posts and members, it may take a little bit of time to respond to a problem.

Patience makes the Mod grow fonder!

We are not perfect here, nor is our forum. We do however strive to make it better all the time. This forum has had its bad times and has had its good times. All we can do is try to make it better, and I think we are doing that.

Believe it or not, it is the forum membership that makes this forum so great, and believe it or not we do listen to each and everyone of you.

Time for a group hug...;)

One other thing people. Making threats to us, on other forums, is very very childish and only proves this and your age. Don't be an internet tough guy. It is so foolish.

Last edited:
I'm a Moderator on another Forum and I agree that people should be patient, especially if asking a question regarding a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back