A word to forum members: Patience.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Exactly and someone (no names since I am sure that everyone is aware of this now) wanted his thread sticky'd, and when it was not immediately seen and done by a moderator within a minute, he had a temper tantrum.

I hope you mods got an apology.
Sometimes things are said and/or taken wrongly/misunderstood but,hopefully,we are all adult to see when/if we get it wrong and simply admit it, apolgise and move on.
John

I hope you mods got an apology.

Of course not John, nor do we expect one (or want one for that matter).

I just hope that since the member has chosen to leave this forum and not return, he will conduct himself differently in other forums. Hopefully he will learn to conduct himself better, and in a more adult like manner.

This forum is one of the best run forums on the net. There is a great deal of freedom given but also there are some "rules". for what its worth, this is what i have learned in the 4 years ive been around

1) Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself. That means try and avoid abuse
2) Goes double when dealing with the mods. They dont get paid, and spend long hourse traling through what has to be crapp mostly. pick a fight with a mod and your toast
3) Try and stay on topic. You disrespect the thread author and other contributors by hijacking a thread. If you are going to go off topic, acknowledge that, be aware of it, apologize for the indulgence and have a strategy in your forum tool kit for getting back on topic. Dont stray for too long, if at all
4) its fine to have a heated or passionate discussion but dont play the man, play the ball. stay focussed on the issue, and remember, nearly everything we discuss is a matter of opinion. there are very few "facts' that can not be challenged
5) If you are going to make unconventional claims be prepred for a skeptical audience. Have good, verifiable sources to back your claims up, and for pitys sake, dont get your knickers in a bunch because people are disbeliving. Remmeber, its you who are making the claim.
6) Try and rememeber that we are supposed to be friends here, even those that we reguarly clash with.
7) Dont be oversentive about criticism. This is the internet, with a distinct lack of rules so far as etiquette is concerned. If you dont like to be challenged, dont post.

Have I observed these rules. i can honestly say ive tried, but Ive had my fair share of hissy fits in this place, as the mods can well attest to. Consider these more guidelines than rules....

You know; it might be informative, (and amusing), to make a section of "last words". Things that got someone banned, not that the mods don't have enough work, but I was amused to see just how fast "timmy" self-immolated.

You know; it might be informative, (and amusing), to make a section of "last words". Things that got someone banned, not that the mods don't have enough work, but I was amused to see just how fast "timmy" self-immolated.

and Terri-Tzu.

Thats been discussed but it was felt to better leave it alone. Much better things to do on here and we really aren't out to 'burn' anyone. Sometimes a banning isn't a proud endeavour.

Just a few quick notes to everyone.

We just recently had a bit of a spat here, because someone felt we were ignoring them. They requested to have their thread sticky'd, and they got upset because it was not done immediately. The fact was, we had not seen it yet.

1. We Mods do not do this for a living. We have jobs and lives outside of the internet (shocking huh? :)). We are not online all of the time. There are times when no Mod is online.

Dear me, a shocking breakdown in service! :eek:

Are you telling me that WW2Aircraft World Headquarters doesn't have a staff of dozens on round-the-clock duty to respond instantly to any request or issue? :rolleyes:

(/sarcasm)

and Terri-Tzu.

Thats been discussed but it was felt to better leave it alone. Much better things to do on here and we really aren't out to 'burn' anyone. Sometimes a banning isn't a proud endeavour.
Wiser minds than I.
I formally withdrawl my request.
(A little "Schadenfreude" in the first place, I guess)

Last edited:
Dear me, a shocking breakdown in service! :eek:

Are you telling me that WW2Aircraft World Headquarters doesn't have a staff of dozens on round-the-clock duty to respond instantly to any request or issue? :rolleyes:

(/sarcasm)

No, because the people in the white jackets make them turn the lights out at ten and take away anything sharper than an eraser until morning...

:evil4:

(Oh yeah, I'm gonna pay dearly for this, aren't I? :lol: )

Last edited:
Just wait until Jan sees this!
Oh, sorry nurse, I didn't see you there ... yes, I'll come quietly ... oh look, there's .... (Heck! that hurt!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back