A word to forum members: Patience.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sheeesh..I go away for a little bit and when I come back it is all PMS, Prostate operations, circles of naked men singing Cumbiya, and Teddy Bears (probably naked) covered with "icecream" being thrown around.

Wow......I NEVER used to get invited to these sorts of parties!!!
:) :)

I'm a Mod on a classic car site for a car club and been doing it for 10 years now and can tell you it takes a lot of time to keep it clean at times when spammers try to take over high volume sites,keep it up chaps

I always thought the forum mods were Q.....are you saying you are not! Nooooooooo!!! :( Kahhhhnnn !

Only impression I can do is an impression of Alec Baldwin doing an impression of Sean Connery. Always ends up sounding like Liberace.

Rather than starting up a new thread, I decided to post this in this thread for all forum members to read.

Please do read this and actually follow it. If someone does not understand, or has questions, please feel free to ask.

We have a pretty big problem on this forum, and the members of this forum as well as us mods/admin are sick and tired of it. There are certain members of this forum that constantly and on a regular basis decide it is a good idea to become unruly and uncivil, and start making insults. Mostly because they simply do not agree with someones opinion or post. I don't know why this is. It could be because either:

1. They were never taught how to act like a mature adult by their parents when they were growing up.
2. They think that because they are sitting behind the safety of their computer in their homes, they can be tough guys.
3. They just don't have respect for anything but themselves.
4. They just plain don't give a ****.

I personally think it is a good combination of all 4 of them.

There is a small group of these people that are always acting in this behavior. I am not going to name these people by name. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND WE MODS KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

We have received so many complaints in PMs about these people, and there are even members of this forum that have stopped contributing and become silent members, because they are sick and tired of this childish behavior.

Most of all, we Mods are sick and tired of repeatedly giving out warnings to the same people. Over and over, and just to be ignored, and it happening again in another thread or several posts later.

Consider this a final blanket warning. If you are a repeat offender, there will be no more warnings.

So either do one of the following:

1. Act like a mature adult.
2. Debate in a civil manner.
3. If you cant do the above things, then go form your own internet tough guy forum and treat others the way you wish to be treated, which is obviously without respect.

Seriously people, the behavior of these particular people ruins it for everyone else. There are some very very interesting topics that just go down the drain because some people have to act like schmucks. It takes away from the topic and everyone stops learning from it. Believe me, we understand that sometimes topics will get heavy and heated. That is fine. It is also okay to debate a bit heated, but only if if it does not become personal.

If someone attacks you, insults you or offends you, do not take it into your own hands. It only starts a "war" of sorts that derails the threads. Just stay civil, and send a PM to us mods. We will take care of it.

I hope this is the last time that this has to be said, and that those offending members (you know who you are) start acting more mature. This forum is so great only because of its membership, and each and everyone one of us values each and every member of this forum. We all bring something to this forum, and we all can learn from each other. Lets quit the BS and make it a better place for a long time to come.

Last edited:
. This forum is so great only because of its membership, and each and everyone one of us values each and every member of this forum.

That right there is the wisdom of this forum. You, Members, make this forum. Not the Mods. The only, and ONLY, reason that this forum exists and prospers is because or you. The vast majority of members police themselves and corral others needing control. I assure you that the current cadre of Mods do not seek out confrontation.

Members may not realize this (I know I didn't until I became a Mod) that there is a whole section of unseen forum thread exchanges between Mods where we agonize over posts and repercussions. We take this forum and membership rather seriously. Contrary to what many may conclude we don't value your membership as just another digital name. We know that you are people who contribute, have emotions and thus weigh our decisions appropriately. Not a robotic task I can assure you from my perspective.

However, we are somewhat frustrated. And I can assure you that we are united in our support of individual Mods making a command decision that will never unlikely be rescinded.

Please respect your fellow member. Avoid politics. And if you have a beef with a Mod, please personal message (PM) them and CC other Mods.

[steps off soapbox]

Amen, Chris and Matt.

I think this forum took a hugh step forward when the Politics thread was removed. I don't know the instances your talking about, and wouldn't wanna know (but can guess). This forum is the best one on the web, bar none! I learn so much from you guys every time I'm on here, thanks to the members. Thanks to the mods for keeping the reigns pulled just tight enough. And a BIG thanks to Horse for giving us clowns a place to play.

The only thing I want to add is that when your argument turns to personally attacking the other member with insults and sarcasm, you have completely lost any credibility on your position. You lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back