Academy Lavochkin LA-7 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
I present my first project at the forum shared with the forum of friends of Alicante, it is the well-known cast of Academy at 1 / 48.
After reviewing information about the found that it is quite wrong that has injected errors typical of the brand koreana, as poorly designed cockpit, cockpit structure and riveting shoddy Puez and bad elements studied, all will be more or less solved since after many years without noticeable inactivity layout, I put some pictures of how I carry it and you comment me what you think.
6ebebc9c.gif

0d50d29b.gif

0e622495.gif

09a8c928.gif

5a34a110.gif

886d6b39.gif

A nice start. But these ailerons......please, don't get me wrong .It hasn't been a good idea I'm afraid.

far from it I take the opposite of bad criticism are always welcome so we learn, if everything were perfectly nice and would always be the same and never would know that there are no good models.

The ailerons, if you sand the ribs down so they are less pronounced, could be made to look better. Sand in the direction of the airflow, taking care to make sure the edges of the added ribs where they meet the flat surface are nicely blended in.

what I comentais of airflow is still not finished as I have at the moment, but now with the little time I have left work I can do nothing but for the moment, that of shaping the putty I liked and will practice in a piece of plastic and then the model, I'll post a photo as they were before I believe that they are infinitely better than before.
ac56cd31.gif

I hope that from tomorrow I can do something to model, because I have a few hours of mastic and grout.

thanks,
I bring you something a few more little boxes because the subject has enough work, I put photos of before and after if it seems good to see the lace of plastic that are still cool to me.
8cd832c6.gif

4f70bd55.gif

d6ec117e.gif

615b14db.gif

do not know if the radiator can appreciate both the output of the input as I have placed mesh sieve 400micras light at the input and output layer to simulate the three-layer capacitor.
9e002a22.gif

e86a9ae5.gif

Timewers thanks, for the truth I got from a book by a Russian publisher has plans for the LAGG-3, LA-5 (series), LA 7 and 9 of them out there are 1 / 48, the scanned and printed , Besides the modeling one of my hobbies are good books, even in a completely unknown language by the word processor I have what I translate as best I can and internet helps a lot.
Crimea river, I hope that the end is well now I have putty and sanding phase, which always fails me for a while the paint is hope for lost time and re better off

After the session of putty and sand it is this aspect that has remained.
4aa42010.gif

acd5d70f.gif

e8a3934f.gif

f9e61f64.gif

and this is what they look like the wings after they take a little work, I'm expecting a liquid putty vinyl plastic looking leave
38ebc11c.gif

47ab0e62.gif

wurger thanks,
I put something else I've been doing, I use vallejo model color paints, as this factory a 20 minute drive from my house, because the truth is that they have used the Russian colors (AMT), because through some lists of colors that I've gone on for years get the colors:
AMT - 7 drops + 11 70990 70 992 70 951 11 + 7 drops drops
AMT - July 70 992 70 990 + 7 drops 10 drops 14 drops 70 951 +
so do the color is the closest thing to the scale
Certain amount to do so have enough paint for 3 coats to give a base color, one light and another light base color but not to cover the work done on the lights, the gray paint on the bulking is complicated but I think that has been achieved.
I have also used this time was the first time I use these metallic paints and I have been surprised by the result is a Spanish house "pictures lara" that produces a store in Valencia and are downright good.
results:
d639c2f7.gif

b3d38b62.gif

6f65daa2.gif

90cd30ef.gif

e0d47e5b.gif

bbd3af4d.gif

952b7d9b.gif

0f8a5a36.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back