Airfix 1/24 P-51d

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure is. One small point though - the brake lines I think should loop around outside the torque scissor links. If they were through the links, full compression of the oleos would sever the lines!

I concurr Terry but it is nice looking for a rough job :thumbleft: Cheers

Geedee, drngdog and Crimea_River-- You guys are right in that Airfix got it wrong and put a B style IP in the kit. Don't know how they got it wrong but I'm not going to try and scratch one up for this build, maybe next time.

Airframes-- Thanks! I'm going to give that yellow line a shot before I install the IP.

Thanks for stopping by.

Dan

Dan - only the anal retentive (like the usual suspects you referenced) woul EVER notice - and even fewer would care. I include myself in the latter. Great work.

Geedee, drngdog and Crimea_River-- You guys are right in that Airfix got it wrong and put a B style IP in the kit. Don't know how they got it wrong but I'm not going to try and scratch one up for this build, maybe next time.

Airframes-- Thanks! I'm going to give that yellow line a shot before I install the IP.

Thanks for stopping by.

Dan

Dan - only the anal retentive (like the usual suspects you referenced) would EVER notice - and even fewer would care. I include myself in the latter. Great work.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys they really give me a boost.

All my reference pics show that the brake line goes through the link. I know it looks silly but what I got way wrong was just how it is routed. I should have a hard line up the bottom of the leg to the link with an almost 90 degree bend. Then rubber line that crosses just above the link but below the top of the bottom piece of the leg then goes straight up the other side of the leg to join a hard line on side of the main leg. Not the silly loop of hard line I've got. Thanks for pointing it out to me so I can fix it all up.

Sigh, I'll fix it all up once I get a chance to complete the other scissor link. I've already had two collapse on me while putting them together. I guess I got real lucky on the first one. Now it's a bit of a struggle and I am going to put it away for a couple of days so that I'm not tempted to smash it in a zillion pieces. As the air was turning blue in the room I do my modeling the good lady wife stuck her head in the door way and said, " Remember you do that for fun!"

She is such a treasure.

Thanks again for looking in and keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Dan

Looking good so far, making steady progress.

Will continue to watch with interest ..

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back