Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Appreciate guys...:)

The ring was attached to the inner side of the top half of the wing. For setting at a correct position I used a cardboard circle. Then I marked with a pencil two lines that run like rivet lines at the upper surface. The next step was to add two thin plastic bars.

Attachments

• ws7c.jpg
    ws7c.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 266
  • ws7c1.jpg
    ws7c1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 263
  • ws7c2.jpg
    ws7c2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 331
THX VB. :)

When It was finished I sanded the new part a little bit down in order to shape it more.But I have checked how it looked like firstly.

Attachments

• ws7d.jpg
    ws7d.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 264
  • ws7d1.jpg
    ws7d1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 271
  • ws7d2.jpg
    ws7d2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 351
  • ws8b.jpg
    ws8b.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Beautifully neat work my friend. It's a pity manufacturers of large - scale kits don't include wing spars to stop the warping in the first place. Looking forward to the next bits !

Great stuff Wojtek. So for the wall of the well, are you going to put the leather curtains in or have them open to see the spars?

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Excellent work Wojtek....wil you be installing working cannons in the wings my friend!:D

I would do it for sure if I had the gun licence.

THX all of you .:)

I wasn't going to add the leather curtains because I thought it would be interesting to show some of the wing structure. Bit firstly I attached the ring to the starboard wing.The rest of the work on the landing gear bay was the same like for the port wing half.

Attachments

• ws8a.jpg
    ws8a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 220
  • ws8.jpg
    ws8.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Appreciate guys...:D

Going farther I made a piece of the main wing spar that was seen when the leather curtain were off. I used styrene cabbages for that.

Attachments

• ws9.jpg
    ws9.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 216
  • ws9a.jpg
    ws9a.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 299
  • ws9c.jpg
    ws9c.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 223
  • ws9c1.jpg
    ws9c1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 295
:D

Then I made an airfoil for the wing section.I have fitted it to the wing halves and marked areas that would have to be drilled or removed.

Attachments

• ws9d.jpg
    ws9d.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 240
  • ws9d1.jpg
    ws9d1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 302
  • ws9e.jpg
    ws9e.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back