Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX Mates.... :D

But It wasn't the finish. The joint of the previous stringer hardened. So the next step was to make another iron-stringer.But this time it had to go from the root of the wing half to its tip. Of course I have had to remove some plastic from a few areas. The wooden bar was replaced by a piece of a wooden slat. The slat was moved a little bit back to keep the wing line straight. All parts were immobilized with pegs, a clip and rubber bands.

Attachments

• ws3.jpg
    ws3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 282
  • ws3a.jpg
    ws3a.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 316
  • ws3b.jpg
    ws3b.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 287
  • ws3b1.jpg
    ws3b1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 308
  • ws3c.jpg
    ws3c.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 279
THX Paul and Terry. :D

Two days later the bottom half of the starboard wing looked like in the pic. The trailing edge is still bended but the top half had it straight and made it correct when I put both halves togeter.

Attachments

• ws4.jpg
    ws4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 298
THX all for kind comments. :D

Unfortunately I wasn't happy with the effect and decided to add one more stringer. So the scrapping of styrene again and the new additinal "iron" was made......

Attachments

• ws5c.jpg
    ws5c.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 353
  • ws5b.jpg
    ws5b.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 256
  • ws5a.jpg
    ws5a.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 274
  • ws5.jpg
    ws5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 272
THX Vic. :)

When the third stringer has been attached the half of the wing , it started to be straight. But a day later I noticed it had a tendency to be bended crosswise. It means the tip of the wing half tried to get down looking at the part from back or its front. That's why the central stringer got two horizontal styrene strips making its cross-section like "T" letter. It has stopped curving. Of course I had fixed the wing half to the flat surface before I applied the Gunze Lemon glue. The effect below....

Attachments

• ws5d.jpg
    ws5d.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 257
  • ws6.jpg
    ws6.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 265
  • ws6a.jpg
    ws6a.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Waiting for hardening of the glue applied to the "T" stringer, I started working on the wheel bays. Fist of all I cut out a plastic circle from a thin styrene plate. The circle diameter was a little bit bigger than the one ofthe rivet circle on the top half of the wing. Then I fixed it with the yellow tape and set a new diameter for the compass that was smaller at about 0.8mm than the previous one. Then I cut out another smaller circle. In that way I obtained a thin plastic ring . I did it twice as there are two bays....:lol:

Attachments

• ws7.jpg
    ws7.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 251
  • ws7a.jpg
    ws7a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 256
  • ws7a1.jpg
    ws7a1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 231
  • ws7b.jpg
    ws7b.jpg