Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you my friend. :D

Then I masked the undersides for airbrushing of the main landing gear bays.But firstly I used a brush for colouring of these areas that could be difficult to paint with an airbrush. Especially these sockets for legs.

Attachments

• mask1.jpg
    mask1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 340
  • mask1a.jpg
    mask1a.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 341
THX. :)

You are right Terry. Taking into consideration it was a very quick attempt to that I've achieved quite nice effect.

Attachments

• wb1.jpg
    wb1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 983
  • wb1a.jpg
    wb1a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 273
Having these bays done I removed masking and replaced it with a new one. Then I applied the first coat of RLM02.

Attachments

• mask1d1.jpg
    mask1d1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 256
  • mask1d.jpg
    mask1d.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 452
  • mask1c.jpg
    mask1c.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 481
  • mask1b.jpg
    mask1b.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 261
Those WWells did come out nice Wojtek looking quite nice all the way around :thumbleft: Cheers

Ah, painting time ! Looking forward to the next colour my friend.

THX all...:)

Unfortunately my air compressor "decided" to strike. I didn't know why but I had a problem with smooth applying of the RLM02 colour. Possible the temperature was too high and it got overheating. I was going to use a hammer to show it who was the Master.But my friend's phone stopped me and I had to leave. A few hours later I got back appeased ( T-stoff is a great tranquillizer ) and added the RLM71.Then I put it away for two days.

Attachments

• camo1.jpg
    camo1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
Thank you ..... I appreciate. :D

Willy-nilly, I sanded at a few areas where the RLM02 paint was applied wrongly. I used a piece of sandpaper of 2000 grade. Then I masked the RLM71 spots.

Attachments

• camo2.jpg
    camo2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 250
  • camo2a.jpg
    camo2a.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 245
  • camo2b.jpg
    camo2b.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back