Airfix 1/48 Seafire FR47 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A bit more progress tonight. Main colours on, ready for gloss varnish and decals. Ended up with brush painting rather than rattle cans and I'm quite pleased with how it is looking so far. I'm still undecided about whether to go for Korean War stripes or not, decisions decisions :lol:

DSC_0001_zps25de4ac2.jpg

DSC_0002_zps0f0edc9d.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments with this one.

Here is the finished article. A really enjoyable build, with no major vices (apart from trying to get the wings to stay upright... PITA!:LOL: ).

Final markings represent VP480 of 800 NAS embarked upon HMS Triumph during the Korean War, July 1950.

002_zps82f34ffe.jpg

004_zpsf6c5c96a.jpg

006_zpsbd1ce447.jpg

There is a famous picture of this aircraft with a Rocket Assisted Take Off here http://forum.valka.cz/attachments/3588/Seafire_FR_47.jpg . I note that my demarcation line is correct by the Airfix instructions, but in fact is too high... oh well :oops:

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Real nice work, the Airfix decals are missing a couple for this aircraft, some crest badges and pilot and crew data

I noticed that on the photos of the real aircraft as well - there's a nice series of in flight pics that it well. It's a shame they are not included. I did have a quick look amongst my odds n' sods decals for a suitable badge, but everything I had was either from the wrong service or way too big. One for the aftermarket boys perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back