Al Goss killed in a crash today. :(

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry to hear this, I echo the above....

Blue Skies and tailwinds guys.

Depending on the age of the aircraft- and what it was used for over it's service life- I'd blame the aircraft. 60 years of airframe stress doesn't improve reliability any.

I can't for the life of me remember who said this- a famous pilot, if I recall- but the gist of it was, "If I had the choice of living a long life, or only living ten years worth of flying and dying in a crash, I'd take the latter."

We've all got to check out sometime. Twenty more years of life that you don't enjoy are twenty years wasted. While we mourn these men, let us not neglect the fact that we weep for our loss, not theirs.

Depending on the age of the aircraft- and what it was used for over it's service life- I'd blame the aircraft. 60 years of airframe stress doesn't improve reliability any.

There is no way you can remotely specuate at this point without all the facts being revealed. Many T-6's have undergone restoration work that would have boggled the mind of the designers and original operators and have added decades to the life of the airframe.

Agreed. Demetrious, show some respect. Al Goss was a friend and speculating the cause of the accident does no one any good. Al was not only a great pilot, but Warlock was in tip-top shape and probably had way better maintenance than the military used.

I can't for the life of me remember who said this- a famous pilot, if I recall- but the gist of it was, "If I had the choice of living a long life, or only living ten years worth of flying and dying in a crash, I'd take the latter."

We've all got to check out sometime. Twenty more years of life that you don't enjoy are twenty years wasted. While we mourn these men, let us not neglect the fact that we weep for our loss, not theirs.

Your powers of conjecture and speculation are awesome. You should be working for the NTSB or FAA. I have rarely seen a more disrespectful post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back