Ar 240 in progress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Yet another project on the workbench:

Here's a current in progress shot of the Revell Ar 240 A 1/72:

IMG_0003mod.jpg

The Torque arms, instrument panel, and side instruments are from an AirWaves photoetch set. (The kit torque arms were not used.) Photoetch seat belts have yet to be installed

All of the interior areas are almost finished. I noticed when I took this photo that there was an injection burr in the middle of the port cockpit wall that I missed. Fortunately when I mated the two cockpit halves it was totally unnoticeable. (Would have hated to have THAT thing sticking out like a sore thumb).

All of the interior braces are wet brushed over painted in a lighter shade of the interior color.

Last edited:
The only image I have been able to find of the cockpit

Ar240.jpg

From Schiffer Military - Aircraft Profile Series Nr. 8 by Gerhard Lang

Last edited:
The interior of the cockpit is finished. Here's the pics:

IMG_0076v2.jpg

IMG_0077v2.jpg

IMG_0079v2.jpg

The fuselage halves have not been joined yet, so the gaps you see there won't be present. There are two remote controlled gun turret assemblies that need to be added in before I can mate the halves. Those are finished and just need a little bit of pre-painting before I add them.

The shoulder harnesses will be added after the fuselage halves are mated. There is a PE strip that gets added to the area between the seats. That PE strip has attachment points for the shoulder belts which will then draped over the back of each seat.

Oh, that little red dot on the port side of the console is actually a control lever. I added a very tiny piece of 0.5mm rod to the end of the PE control lever and then painted it. :D There was supposed to be a second control lever but the dreaded sproing monster attacked and the carpet monster ate it. *(%*)@$#* If I can find a spare I will add it.

Last edited:
Kgambit you made me go looking around to see what the heck an AR 240 was??A different looking bird for sure see were she never really made it into production that she lost out to the ME 210.Thus I guess the similarity of the nose?Nice build thus far got a scheme yet for the paint?Cheers Kevin

Kgambit you made me go looking around to see what the heck an AR 240 was??A different looking bird for sure see were she never really made it into production that she lost out to the ME 210.Thus I guess the similarity of the nose?Nice build thus far got a scheme yet for the paint?Cheers Kevin

She is a bit of a queer bird isn't she? :lol: The existing prototypes were attached to various units on the eastern front but we're taking a handful at most.

The color scheme is problematic since there are no color photos of the plane. In fact, some of the plane identification markings are subject to question as well. I've seen two different hypothetical color schemes for the t5+yp plane: One is RLM 02 / 70 over RLM 65; the other is RLM 74 / 75 over 76. Both would have underwing tips in yellow and the 74/75 scheme has a yellow band around the fuselage. Right now, I'm leaning to the RLM 74/75 scheme.

Think this is one ????

GAK! From one shot? It could be, but I don't know The instrument panel looks right and has the right shape but the control yoke looks wrong. The Ar 240 had a two person cockpit with a long side opening canopy. The pics that I've seen show a long hinge on the port side with the starboard canopy frame extending about 12inches above the height of the hinge. It's basically an asymetric canopy open. The starboard side stays up, the port side drops down. In the ONE photo I have of the open canopy there is no sign of a canopy brace (which is what I assume that metal rod is). There's not enough to go on for me to say definitely one way or the other. My gut instinct says that it isn't an Ar 240, but given the sparse amount of info, I could very well be wrong.

I just found another source that I am checking out. I'll see if that has anything to add. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back