Armchair General

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh aren't you funny, your spam isn't wanted here. If you don't want to participate in the game thats fine, just don't post spam.

As a moderator of this forum, I will "spam" where I want to. You will not tell me (or ANY member of this forum) where they can post and where they can not!

As a moderator of this forum, I will "spam" where I want to. You will not tell me (or ANY member of this forum) where they can post and where they can not!

But...but he's our (self-proclaimed) expert on mobile warfare! He's going to lecture at West Point! He's the Canadian answer to Guderian, Hausser and Manstein!

*Laughing fit to burst*

Whats funny is that you think your better than me but you still have yet to prove it, if you can't solve the scenario then don't act like your better tacticians.

Actually I do not think I am better than anyone on this forum, but I will not be told what to do by a snotty brat who joins the forum and thinks he knows more than anything and has a chip on his shoulder!

Whooah...slow down.

As has been stated most of us here are historians, not gamers. That's true of a lot of aviation forums, be it here or TOCH or LEMB. We're interested in what actually happened, not what might have happened if this or that had occured.

For us it is facts that count, warfare is not an intellectual abstraction to us. Many here have served in the armed forces and have an insight into the realities of conflict.

The wise know when to listen and not to speak.

Just because I asked for a map Legend doesn't mean I don't know what the symbols mean Destroyer, but others might not understand them all and I'm far from the only person on this forum. It's time to get off the high horse Destroyer.

Last edited:
Whats funny is that you think your better than me but you still have yet to prove it, if you can't solve the scenario then don't act like your better tacticians.

If you really are 18 that's pretty sad........

He never said he was a better 'fake tactician' than you. He's a moderator. He's obviously better than you :lol:

Unfortunately, alot of the gaming forums and online gaming sites are like that...

Alot of smack-talking and schoolyard attitudes. They're all experts (so they say) and if anyone questions them, they take it as a personal attack and get thier panties all up in a bunch.

It gets old real fast...

I'm talking strictly about the western front. Yes obviously the Soviets did more damage but on the western front most of Germany's tank loses were do to tactical aircraft. And in this perticular scenario you have sufficient everything, theres no shortages of ammo or fuel. This is post D-Day, June or July. Before the "Gap". Now its your mission to defeat the enemy, its you vs them, no planes. Lets just say its cloudy. xD

Where did you get that piece of information from, because it just isnt correct my friend. For example, during the advance to normandy, I think it was Lehr Division, lost something like 120 vehicles, of which only two were tanks. And this is not extraordinary, it was typical. What airpower did do was to act as a "force multiplier" which reduced the mobility of the German formations and increased the ability of the allies to undertake deep penetration encirclements. The German supply system was also basically shot to pieces by allied air power.

So i suggest you try and get your basic facts right before getting into the water with the big boys

For the record my uppety young friend, I am awargamer too, with over thirty years experience. I have won the Australian Boardgaming championships nine times over a twenty year period, and am a major contributor to the ADG publishing group. I also am a periodic guest lecturere at the RMC officer training school at Duntroon

And I never try to put people down on the basis of my record, until I get confronted with absolute smart arsery

So how do you like them apples......

folks, on behalf of the world gaming fraternity, I apologise. that is NOT how most of us act, I can assure you, oh except the guys that consistently lose, and they dont last long

Unfortunately, alot of the gaming forums and online gaming sites are like that...

Alot of smack-talking and schoolyard attitudes. They're all experts (so they say) and if anyone questions them, they take it as a personal attack and get thier panties all up in a bunch.

It gets old real fast...

My favorite is when they think it is so realistic. I was reading a forum about this Modern Warfare game and they were talking about how realistic the game is. I could only laugh and think what they would do when real bullets were coming at them.

Realistic my ass! They are video games and nothing else....

So how do you like them apples......

oh_snap.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back