At long last....!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wish you all the luck in the world. I am sure everything will work out fine!

Just had a bit of heart trouble to deal with myself a few months ago with a uncle I am very close with. He had a heart attack at my parents house right on the kitchen table. I drove him to the hospital myself. He's doing fine now, but was real scary for a few days there! It definitely makes you cherish each additional day you get to spend with your loved ones when something like this happens. I know it has for me.

Tell 'em to stick a turbocharger in there as well, Lucky. :p

Good luck - hope it all goes well.

Thanks again fellas... I must say that I've been blessed with the most wonderful parents that ANYONE could wish for, the kind that everybody deserve...the same that I've been blessed with some amazing friends, which you lot are among, and indeed you all are at the top of the list.
Should the day ever come that I'll become a dad myself, I want to be like him, no more, no less...

"It is much easier to become a father than to be one."

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."

"Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad"

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."

I don't say this often enough.... I love you mum and dad!
Thanks for making the person who I am today....

Well, my dad leaves for the hospital tomorrow morning for his heart operation and I'm already a worried nervous wreck....felt that I had to take Wednesday and Thursday night off next week, as I thought I'd need that after his operation, to get my nerves back inside....

To all you dads on the forum, we kids might not always tell you how really much you mean to us and how really much we DO love you, but the believe me when I say, THAT love knows no boundaries....

Well Lucky today's June 14th and tomorrow your Dad heads up north. Three days 'till he gets his ticker fixed. I hope you and your Mom and Dad aren't complete nervous wrecks yet. Best of luck to you all.

Just had a short word with my mum... The operation will take about 4 hours, not counting getting all the tools together as she said. When done they'll tie everything up with steel wire and he'll not be allowed to lift anything heavier than a carton of milk about 1 kilogram....for a few months.

STEEL WIRE!!!! DAM!! That's got to be rough. I can see why he isn't allowed to lift anything. Sounds like you'll be on "gopher duty" for quite some time Lucky. Again Good luck to you and your parents.

Well, his one of a kind, not just a father, but a dad and a best friend...just what I want to be, should it ever happen...

I'm off to try to get some sleep now, if possible. I'll let you all know how it went as soon as I hear from my mom...

Thanks once again brothers, you're all unique, one of as kind and the best there is...even if my life would depend on it, I could never say a bad word about anyone of you...well, there's one thing, you're all too bl**dy far away for a good BBQ!!

The operation went well, without any complications whatsoever. They also only had the change one of his heart valves to a mechanical one. He's now connected to one of those breathing machines.....can't remember what they're called right now... So, so far so good...!

ALL DRINKS AND FOOD ON ME!!!!

THANK YOU ALL! YOU'RE THE BEST!!

Lucky 13, Hope all is well with your Dad! At least your Dad just needs a valve. I'm still waiting for my "EX" to show signs of having a heart!* Grin*God Bless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back