B-25J Russain Air Force - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will research and let you know. Any pictures of inside the noise?

DBII

As far as pictures goes to the inside of a b-25 i have several but none of the nose on this particulare aircraft as they would not let us climb all the way into the aircraft.

These might help a bit. The first one is from a magazine, showing part of the restored nose of a B-25J. The rest I took of the former RAF Mitchell II (B-25C) "Grumpy", that was at Duxford between 1988 and 2009, now in the USA. At this point it was not not fully kitted out or painted.

Attachments

• Can Jan 047.jpg
    Can Jan 047.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Mitchell 003.jpg
    Mitchell 003.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Mitchell 004.jpg
    Mitchell 004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Mitchell 005.jpg
    Mitchell 005.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Mitchell 005A.jpg
    Mitchell 005A.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 93
Here is one of the seat from a B-25J from the book squadron signals in detail B-25. Hope it helps and sorry I thought you ment of the bird that I had posted. Not just pictures in general. I have tons of that on the B-25.
B-25 J.jpg

Last edited:
I have wrapped up the Stork and spent the day working on the B25. I added the tail. There is a big gap between the engine and firewall. I took the time and punched out the opening for the exhaust. I do not think that anyone will be able to tell the differance once it is completed. Pictures soon.

DBII

I spent a last night using a hot paperclip to poke holes in the exhast of two engines. How fun was that? What a way the spend a Friday night. I should get a small drill for the next time.

I am trying to get the nose to look like picture on post #46 above. The model is for a straffer but is has the parts for the bomber verson. I am trying to fit in the two 50 cal on the right side, the seat and the belts feeding the HMGs. The problem is the ammo cans are located where the seat goes. if I make it fit, the ammos belts will have to go between the legs of the navigator. Does anyone have a drawing showing where the ammo cans were for the picure above? All I can find is a drawing for a single fixed forward firing, a flexible and 4 fixed forward firing HMGs.

DBII

I have started working on the B-25. The NATO name for the Russian B-25 was Bank.

I had to use filler.

SUNP0115.JPG
[

Here is the engine

SUNP0114.JPG

I used a heated paper clip to punch out the exhaust.

SUNP0120.JPG

I am still fighting with the nose. I want to use two HMGs
View attachment 189977
SUNP0125.JPG

Attachments

• SUNP0110.JPG
    SUNP0110.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 112
  • SUNP0112.JPG
    SUNP0112.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 99
  • SUNP0128.JPG
    SUNP0128.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 107
I have attached the engines. I broke out my $10 airbrush I found on clearance. I was able to get the thing to work long enough to get a primer on the wings before it stopped, again. I took it apart and cleaned it but it still only works when it wants to. :( I cannot hand paint it now. It looks much better with the airbrush. I am still working on the nose. I have to add the ammo chutes and find a place for the table. A place for the vodka would be nice also :)

DBII

Last edited:
I'm almost at that stage myself. The amount of time it takes to mask a kit for painting with can or airbrush makes me despair and want to return to brush painting, but the end result is just SO much nicer! :)

Keep at your 'Bank' mate, she's coming along nicely.

Looking real good. My airbrush sux too, no matter how thin the paint (even water for testing) it spits blobs.)

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back