Been lurking for months, finally glad to join the community (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello, everyone!

I have been fascinated with aviation since I was young. I've tried to read any books about aircraft that I could find in the house or school, back then. Right now, I've become more interested in WW2 aircraft than ever. My first flight sims were MiG Alley and Enemy Engaged: Apache vs Havoc. I've also watched videos about other modern flight sim games, but I haven't had a chance to get any of them (due to lower budgets, but I've actually been able to play War Thunder at the Apple Store; my current laptop can only run it at ULQ and low, and I don't play it as of now). At one point, my interest shifted towards Nintendo when I got a GBA, saw a GC and Wii that my dad had and got into the GTA (and later Call of Duty). Much later on, as the best I had an iPad, I tried to find the best flight sim on the App Store. I found Infinite Flight. It reinvigorated my interest in flight simulation. Then I found Gunship III, which was a Vietnam War combat flight sim. I rejoiced when I found out its makers were making a WW2 flight sim (Wings of Duty, which already came out, but still in development). Finding about it for the first time literally made me hyped to experience various WW2 combat scenarios (in a flight sim), such as defending Pearl Harbor, dogfighting and bombing ships at Midway, and intercepting bombers over Britain, among others, all in a mobile game! As of now, read about the combat usage, flight characteristics, and comparisons and contrast between various WW2 aircraft online. I am trying to pick the best WW2 aircraft for each major nation. I've also been using this forum for reference for the past months for aircraft matchups. So far, I'm done with picking what I believe is the best American fighter of WW2: F4U-4 Corsair. I am nearly done with picking my opinions for best Japanese and Russian fighters of WW2, narrowing down to the N1K2, Ki-84, La-7, and Yak-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back