Body Art ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was thinkin' of getting bulls march on their back legs , it sounds comical but I reckon with a decent artist you could get it pretty mean. I want a Vulture somewhere too - 'cos they're awesome animals!

I know ... I've been thinking about those that I said in the first post for a long time. Especially the 11 Sqdn. with chains one.

To me they are like drugs. If you really like them go for thet, but I warn you, once you get one it is hard to stop.

I've been told. I know a lot of people who have them and say they are addictive. Don't worry, I'm not rushing into this, I've been thinking about it all for a long time. I've even had my girlfriend draw chains and the symbol on my arm the other day, so I can see what it'd look like.

Jabberwocky said:
However, if your looking long term, don't get one on any large muscle mass and steer away from anything really large. Both the tattoo process and the tattoo istelf atrophy muscle, and can significantly weaken the muscle around the tattoo area.

A friend of mine is having real trouble because she got 4 large-ish multi colour tatoos up her right calf about 15 years ago, and she is having difficulty rebuilding muscle after she broke her leg.

I have never heard of a tattoo effecting muscles, certainly not causing atrophy. Lack of use causes atrophy. If tattoos effected muscles, you would think the military would ban them altogether. A tatoo only effects the skin and is like a colored scar.

Your friend having trouble rebuilding muscle after a leg break is more likely caused by nerve damage from the fracture than from tatoos.

I have to put my 2 cents into this also.

Jabberwocky said:
However, if your looking long term,

With tattoos there is no short term, they last forever....

Jabberwocky said:
don't get one on any large muscle mass and steer away from anything really large. Both the tattoo process and the tattoo istelf atrophy muscle, and can significantly weaken the muscle around the tattoo area.

A friend of mine is having real trouble because she got 4 large-ish multi colour tatoos up her right calf about 15 years ago, and she is having difficulty rebuilding muscle after she broke her leg.

That is just silly....

I too have never heard of anything like that. I just checked with my friend who is the artist that has done 3 of my tattoos and he told me that it never leaves the skin. It does not penetrate the muscle and therefore can not weaken the muscle.

I have 6 tattoos and have never had that problem....

Your friend is experiences this because of degenerative problem or something but not because of her tattoos.

Here aer some common questions about tattoos, and I can tell you that they are true because I have 6 of them:

How deep does the needle go?
A tattoo is a shallow wound or penetration to the skin. Your skin is made of two main sections of skin, the epidermis and the underlying dermis. A tattoo is placed into the dermis area. When you pluck or tweeze a hair, you are pulling from the same area that the tattoo needle will go. As an example of depth, look at the inside of your wrist, where the vein can be seen. A tattoo in that area will not puncture the vein, when properly done.

Is there any blood?
We do not tattoo into the circulatory blood system. However, there are some body fluids involved and minor skin surface bleeding similar to a shallow scrape. Most people are amazed at the lack of bleeding involved. Care should be taken by the customer to prepare themselves for the tattoo.

How long does it take to heal?
This answer varies as to the person, the health of the person, type of tattoo and location of tattoo. Generally, you will care for your new tattoo for the first two weeks, with healing time averaging 7 - 10 days. Your artist will go over the best method for you and your type of tattoo.

I have actually found about 2 weeks is the norm. - Der Adler

How is the tattoo applied? What can I expect?

Basically a solid needle will push a small amount of dye into the skin surface. The body will heal the skin over the dye resulting in a permanent tattoo when healed. To receive a tattoo, your skin will be washed and shaved in the area you desire the artwork. A pattern or a guideline will then be applied. Your tattoo will begin with an "outline" where the basic form is laid out. Then artist will begin the "shading", basically putting shadows and dimension to your tattoo. Then, if desired, "coloring" is added one color at a time until the tattoo is completed. Your tattoo will then be bandaged.

From personal experience, the feeling was like being snapped with a rubber band continuously. Not pain really, more of an annoyance (I have a very high threshold for pain though). Afterwards, during healing, it feels like a sunburn. The 10 day itch is the tough part. As it heals, it starts to itch. If you scratch it, you run the risk of screwing up your tat.

I've heard varying degrees from annoyance to unbearable pain. I, personally, do have a high tolerance for pain. I've been injured more times than I can remember, and all quite serious (by child standards). I have nine scars, not including my scars from my operations ... for example, I sliced my finger open with some scissors while at work (It was 3am, my brain was slowing down) but I just carried on working like nothing had happened. It started hurtin' 10 minutes afterwards, and blood was all over the place ... but hey, I wanted to finish.

The thing is I hate pain ... like really try to avoid anything that will cause me pain, I can sometimes take stupid risks ... but other times I'm like "no way" ... but when I do actually get hurt, it's not that bad. Like when I snapped my finger in a door ... full on snapped it... not that bad.

I'm just going to get the out-line done of the chains first ... 'cos I was thinkin' the detail I want 'em at it might be quite expensive for the whole lot at once. And obviously less pain ... for the moment.

If I'll ever have a tattoo (doubt it), then it'd be something like this:

Attachments

• 2_156.jpg
    2_156.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 298
hey this might be a cheaper and safer solution and is actually a hot commodity for bikers not just types like myself, the babes are diggin this big time

Attachments

• tattoo_aw_lg_976.gif
    tattoo_aw_lg_976.gif
    39 KB · Views: 283

Users who are viewing this thread

Back