British Sailors seized by Iran.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've a feeling the Iranians grabbed them in an attempt to up the bet on their nuke deal. Get the Brits to attack them and then cry "Victim of Western Imperialism". Get some sympathy from the outside world (anybody with half a brain knows the press is going to take the Iranian's side on this one).

With the Russians pulling out, their access to decent, working nuke technology has to be limited. And going nuke is their big deal.

It's going to be tricky figure out a way to get the guys back (the most important part of the whole thing) and figuring out a way to make sure the Iranians don't pull this crap again (did it two years ago and always pull it when the EU starts getting heavy on them for their nuke development).

In short, the last thing we want these guys to get is any good press in that end of the world for this. But more important, the Brits get their guys back.

doesn't Great Britain still hold he cycling speed/track record ? ............ yep the plan for the Velodrome based in downtown Tehran is still going strong

Doesnt ur country have ship launched cruise missles Gnomey???? Ol' Blair needs to drop in some SAS and get some...

Yeah we have ship and sub launchable Tomahawks. I agree with the SAS as well. Send in some Tomahawks followed by the SAS with some CAS if needed and get the job down. In and out as fast as possible and they won't know what hit them (in theory).

Here is an interesting scenario. The Russian technicians pulled out because of "lack of payment". Or is it because they know something is coming and they don't want to be in the line of fire? The Iranians might have an inkling of that and the British sailors are their bargaining chip or human shields.

Now I read today that allegedly, the British sailors have "confessed" to being in Iranian waters. Bweep, bweep, bweep...BS ALERT! If the British sailors confessed, they were either coerced or tortured into it. There is no way they would volunteer that kind of propaganda victory to the Iranians.

I am with Erich, time for the velodrome.

according to what I've heard this is the Farsi New Year which is curtailing news from Iran and also heard about the confession but also that the RN guys were moved to Tehran

Now NATO is imposing more, heavier sanctions...
How long before Iran cracks and we all have to fight them aswell?

Let it rain cruise missles... Use the Allied/NATO/Coalition Special Operations Branches to the fullest extent... Riddle the country with covert ops and pin point tactical strikes...

I'd prefer to see a conventional destruction of the old Persian state. Those crackheads probably think they can go toe to toe vs western forces. Without any rebuilding either.

I read that Iran's Towelhead special forces were likely in the mix of smuggling operations and this was a warning to the UK that they were getting a little too close to home. I say cruise missile response if they don't cough up the sailors in one F'ing hour. Quit play this game with these 4th century monkeys. Trackend, you should be ashamed.

Hi Matt. the blow the **** out of everything attitude has been a huge **** up in many post war actions including Iran which is now faction ally unstable and IMO will remain as such long after the withdrawal . As for me being ashamed, you know sod all about me because I choose not to spout off about my past but I can a sure you I have nothing to be ashamed of, I was merely expressing my opinion even if it flies in the face of those who disagree every one has the right to do that, I am all in favour of you giving yours but please try to avoid getting too personal.
Thankyou

In most cases, I would agree with you Lee about a peaceful solution first. The reason I don't this time is because the current leader of Iran has been puffing himself up and doing some things that have been had the international community very concerned. He is like that kid that acts the bully, but isn't. Someday in the schoolyard, that kid gets his butt kicked and that's the end of that. At the very least, one very well placed sniper round would put an end to his insanity. But there seems to be no shortage of people like him there.

What the Iranians essentially did was commit kidnapping. Then they coerced (at the very least) confessions out of these guys. I spent enough time over in England and worked with enough of the UK forces to know that they are professional soldiers who wouldn't do that kind of thing unless under duress.

I would prefer a peaceful solution to this too, but at some point, the leadership in Iran needs a good smackdown. Unfortunately, that is all they understand. Any give from their "enemy" is considered a weakness

Tracks got no need to be ashamed, and his opinion is the sensible one, but I think the gov't over there needs to wake up in a big freakin hurry... If we were dealing with an "ordianary" country, this wouldnt be happening in the first place...

It reminds me of the Iranian hostage situation we went through back when... We as citizens couldnt understand why our country was just letting it go.... We were pissed off... So pissed off we changed Presidents... Piss on Jimmy Carter...

Anyways, after the diplomatic soulution doesnt fly, which it wont, its time to act like the Great Britian of old and stomp some ass Track...

I value all the contributions on this thread including yours Matt and I have to agree with much of the thoughts behind them
Eric and Dan, you both have made very valid reasons why a good wupping (sorry Les for nicking your catch phrase)is the right action.
I suppose I think it's a no win situation. If the UK does take an aggressive stance which it is more than capable of doing, it will make the situation in the middle east/Iraq even worse than it already is and prolong the overly long deployment of the forces already there. On the other hand as many have pointed out (including yourself matt) trying a more diplomatic approach and attempting to get UN support for enforced stricter sanctions (I use the word very loosely as many of the UN membership do squat diddly anyway and ride on the backs of others ) could result in a more aggressive stance from Iran as they would feel that the west and more over the UK is a soft touch. In turn this would require an even more aggressive action to counter this Idea.
OH F**k it! I think I've just manage to disagree with my own original opinion. Ok Ok you guys win the Iranian's have been cruising for a bruising lets grease the w****rs

I say pursue the Velodrome syndrome .............. you guys know full well this Mojameed smoke the weed turd is on some bad doobie and has been ever since the situation with the embassy takeover years ago, I remember that too well ......... this Persian clown has been on a stand up ever since he took power and keeps trying to put the log in the Allies eyes. It's time to flush him down the toilet. Time for a pork BBQ !

Well les at least I know when I've talked total twatish some politicians spend there whole lives talking like Stanley Unwin (just in case he's unknown to you see attachment) and still believe they make sense.

Attachments

• Meetit the Press - Presley.mp3
    372.3 KB · Views: 37
I approve of your realization track. People fear a military operation against Iran could make the middle east situation worse. I don't subscribe to that line of BS. How is allowing that buffoon that believes he's xerxes to act with impunity no matter what course of action he takes (capturing British sailors/developing nuclear weapons) a positive alternative? I fear Iran is the biggest threat to global security.

Conventional ops are the only thing that will bring the persian gov't to its knees.

Blow their brains out:
They're running rings around us. It looks like even they don't know where the've put the sailors. This can go two ways, in my opinion

1) They torture them into saying they were in Iranian waters, our Brits come home, all is well.
2) They decide to call them hostages, the UN gets involved, and we have a war on our hands.

It's looking alot like the build up to WWI, with the
jealousy ([WWI]Imperial Supremacy-([Iran]Nuclear Program)
the short-term cause (Shooting of Franz Ferdinand-British sailors taken)
and alliances (Serbia Russia-Britain the USA)

Blow their brains out:
They're running rings around us. It looks like even they don't know where the've put the sailors. This can go two ways, in my opinion

The Iranians know exactly where they are. You dont "lose" such high profile prisoners. They are just trying to blow smoke up our ass because they think they are so smart when they are really just un inteligent pricks who in the long run are going to pay for this.

Ajax said:
1) They torture them into saying they were in Iranian waters, our Brits come home, all is well.
2) They decide to call them hostages, the UN gets involved, and we have a war on our hands.

It's looking alot like the build up to WWI, with the
jealousy ([WWI]Imperial Supremacy-([Iran]Nuclear Program)
the short-term cause (Shooting of Franz Ferdinand-British sailors taken)
and alliances (Serbia Russia-Britain the USA)

How old are you? Just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back