Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you guys! Merv, I used my 50mm prime lens on all but the last two. Eric I spent 20 minutes trying to get the purples to show up and once I got the color scale figured out, it made all the difference. That's how they actually looked in person.

I took these a week or so ago in the rain. Did about a six mile hike in while doing this. Had fun. It was quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_7678 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7678 resized 25 legal.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7704 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7704 resized 25 legal.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7706_edited-1 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7706_edited-1 resized 25 legal.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7718 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7718 resized 25 legal.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7728 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7728 resized 25 legal.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7733 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7733 resized 25 legal.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 94
Really nice shots, Aaron...I miss spending time in the woods, especially when the thunderheads overhead. They seem to quiet everything and create that unique glow that seems to fill every nook and cranny in the forest with soft light.

Nice work as always, Aaron.

I hesitated to write this as it may be no wonder for you at all but your forest photos always remind me of an American writer - Henry David Thoreau.

Why I know his name? My English teacher was an earnest fan of him and urged me to read his work "Walden" almost forty years ago.

I was not a good student in reading it seriously but now I fully understand what the author wanted to tell through your photographic works.
I'm a fan of ABW now :)

Nice Aaron. For some odd reason, I'm drawn to small streams. I can watch them for hours.

Geo

Thank you Geo, I spent about four hours watching it.

Me too, well done Aaron!

Thank you David. The longer I was out there the better the shots got. May have something to do with relaxing.

Really nice shots, Aaron...I miss spending time in the woods, especially when the thunderheads overhead. They seem to quiet everything and create that unique glow that seems to fill every nook and cranny in the forest with soft light.

Thank you Dave, when you are able to get around better you better got find one on a rainy day, I can't wait to see what you'd turn out photo wise.

Very good shots.

Thank you Andy. I need to get out to where your at some day and get some photos.

Nice work as always, Aaron.

I hesitated to write this as it may be no wonder for you at all but your forest photos always remind me of an American writer - Henry David Thoreau.

Why I know his name? My English teacher was an earnest fan of him and urged me to read his work "Walden" almost forty years ago.

I was not a good student in reading it seriously but now I fully understand what the author wanted to tell through your photographic works.
I'm a fan of ABW now :)

I am humbled and honored my friend. I am glad my photos sparked a memory and brought a learning experience full circle. Thank you Shinpachi.:notworthy:

I took these a week or so ago in the rain. Did about a six mile hike in while doing this. Had fun. It was quiet.

Brilliant photos Aaron, I can almost hear that water trickling.

Have to agree with you Dave, with thunderheads about the atmosphere and light change and for some reason the colours become stronger, deeper and sometimes quite vibrant. We get the same here in the evenings when there are heavy clouds about and the intensity of colour just seems to leap out at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back